Sample dishes such as Southcoast mussels or grilled courgette and datterini tartlet paired with a starter or a dessert of choice
What You'll Get
- Type of food: modern European
- What’s included: a main with a starter or dessert and tea or coffee per person
- Valid Monday - Thursday
- While you wait: Hengist homemade bread (£3.50 supplement) | marinated mixed olives (£3.50 supplement)
- Starters: cream fo broccoli and stilton soup | heritage tomato and bocconcini mozzarella with aged balsamic and basil cress | seared mackerel Nicoise salad
- Mains: pan-fried calves liver and pancetta with polenta chips and sauce diable | Southcoast mussels in cider, fennel and wild nettles sauce, with skinny fries and brown bread | grilled courgette and datterini tartlet with quinoa, pine nut, courgette ribbon salad | 280g frass fed Scotch sirloin steak with triple-cooked hand-cut chips and salad (£5 supplement)
- Side dishes (£3.50 supplement per item): mashed potatoes | triple-cooked hand-cut chips | glazed carrots | mixed greens | mixed salad | buttered new potatoes
- Desserts: passionfruit posset with chocolate crumble | caramelized peach frangipane cake with honey frozen yoghurt ice cream | selection of ice cream and sorbets | selection of British cheese - Wintersdale Shaw, Blackstick Blue and Bowyers Brie - with crackers and chutney (£5 supplement)
The Fine Print
Expires 29 Feb 2020. Not valid in December. Limit 1 per 2 or 4 people, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Booking required, please call 01622 885800; provide Groupon code. Present Groupon on arrival. 24-hour cancellation policy. Must be 18 or older. Valid for a set menu only. Menu is subject to change. Eat-in only. Valid Mon-Thu midday-3pm. Valid for option purchased only.
Housed in a Grade II listed 16th-century building, Hengist is split into two levels. While patrons can enjoy all-day brasserie-style dining downstairs, upstairs they can savour more refined cuisine in both the conservatory and the crystal room, with a Champagne room to boot. Originally converted into a restaurant in 1980, the timber-beamed building has been refurbished to bring the dining experience into the 21st century. Guests can look forward to a menu of British fare with a la carte, breakfast and cocktail menus all available. The eatery is located within a short walk from Aylesford rail station.