Two or four patrons can enjoy a three-course meal from the entire menu
About This Deal
- Type of cuisine: British and continental
- What’s included: three-course à la carte menu meal
- Valid Monday-Thursday midday until 9 p.m.
- Not valid on Valentine’s day, restricted availability in December
- Ambiance: lounge-style with wooden beams, comfy armchairs and soft lighting
- Starters may include: spiced parsnip soup | Irish Donegal oysters | crown prince pumpkin and sage spring roll
- Mains may include: pan seared seabass | lobster grilled or Thermidor butter | Hengist burger
- Desserts may include: pecan pie | dark chocolate and Baileys fondant | red wine poached pear
- Lobster and scallops will attract a £4 surcharge
- Ribeye steak will attract a £5 surcharge
- Fillet steak and full lobster main will attract an £8 surcharge
Housed in a Grade II listed 16th-century building, Hengist is split into two levels. While patrons can enjoy all-day brasserie-style dining downstairs, upstairs they can savour more refined cuisine in both the conservatory and the crystal room, with a Champagne room to boot. Originally converted into a restaurant in 1980, the timber-beamed building has been refurbished to bring the dining experience into the 21st century. Guests can look forward to a menu of British fare with a la carte, breakfast and cocktail menus all available. The eatery is located within a short walk from Aylesford rail station.