Students can learn the basics of midwifery to care for and support pregnant women before, during and after giving birth
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- £16 for an introduction to midwifery online course (77% off)
The syllabus includes:
- Origin and definition of the word midwife
- History of midwifery from ancient to modern times
- Roles and responsibilities of a midwife
- Women’s rights and birth options
- How midwives support socially disadvantaged women
- Cultural safety in relation to midwife care
- Antenatal care and screening
- How midwives support women through labour and birth
- Aims of postnatal care as a midwife
- Importance of breastfeeding
- Blood pressure monitoring and pre-eclampsia
- Infection control and hygiene
- Collecting specimens
- Administration of medicines and injections
- Female anatomy
- List of abbreviations
- Medications and pregnancy
- Communication for midwives
- Emergencies and caesarian section
- Birthing environment and home births
- Initial baby check and examination
Mental health issues and pregnancy
- See the full syllabus
Completion of this course does not result in a degree of midwifery or qualify participants to practise professionally.
The Fine Print
Must redeem by 30 May 2020. Course content available for a lifetime from registration date.
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 4 additional as gifts.
Restrictions: Register online: https://newskillsacademy.co.uk/redeem-a-voucher/. No refunds or cancellation once log in details have been provided. Internet connection required. Course is compatible with all major browsers. Merchant's CPD-accredited certificate included for successful participants. Customer service support available 24/7.
About New Skills Academy
Offering over 190 online courses, New Skills Academy allows students to get a verifiable qualification and improve career prospects. The portfolio includes courses ranging from dog grooming and pet sitting to retail banking, event management and cabin crew skills. A team of experienced and knowledgeable tutors are on hand to offer help and support. All courses are available online, and can be accessed using a PC, MacBook, tablet or smartphone.