Students can learn the basics of midwifery to care for and support pregnant women before, during and after giving birth
What You'll Get
- £16 for an introduction to midwifery online course (77% off)
The syllabus includes:
- Origin and definition of the word midwife
- History of midwifery from ancient to modern times
- Roles and responsibilities of a midwife
- Women’s rights and birth options
- How midwives support socially disadvantaged women
- Cultural safety in relation to midwife care
- Antenatal care and screening
- How midwives support women through labour and birth
- Aims of postnatal care as a midwife
- Importance of breastfeeding
- Blood pressure monitoring and pre-eclampsia
- Infection control and hygiene
- Collecting specimens
- Administration of medicines and injections
- Female anatomy
- List of abbreviations
- Medications and pregnancy
- Communication for midwives
- Emergencies and caesarian section
- Birthing environment and home births
- Initial baby check and examination
Mental health issues and pregnancy
- See the full syllabus
Completion of this course does not result in a degree of midwifery or qualify participants to practise professionally.
The Fine Print
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 4 additional as gifts.
Restrictions: Register online: https://newskillsacademy.co.uk/redeem-a-voucher/. No refunds or cancellation once log in details have been provided. Internet connection required. Course is compatible with all major browsers. Merchant's CPD-accredited certificate included for successful participants. Customer service support available 24/7.
About New Skills Academy
Offering over 190 online courses, New Skills Academy allows students to get a verifiable qualification and improve career prospects. The portfolio includes courses ranging from dog grooming and pet sitting to retail banking, event management and cabin crew skills. A team of experienced and knowledgeable tutors are on hand to offer help and support. All courses are available online, and can be accessed using a PC, MacBook, tablet or smartphone.