Up to ten passengers can pilot a private longboat through idyllic countryside along the Shropshire Union Canal, with several pubs en route
What You'll Get
- Duration of hire: 9a.m. to 4.30p.m.
- Departure location: Norbury Wharf
- Age restrictions: under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
- What’s included: full-day weekday or weekend boat hire for up to ten people
- The self-drive vessel holds features a galley with a cooker for self-catering ease. It has enclosed seating as well as an open front deck for when the sun makes an appearance.
The Fine Print
Valid from 1 Jan-30 Apr 2020. Limit 1 per 10 people, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Mandatory online booking required at least 48 hours in advance. Check availability here and book here. Confirmed bookings can be cancelled or amended up to 48 hours before the appointment. 14-day cancellation rights only apply if the booking can still be cancelled. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Valid for option purchased only.
About Norbury Wharf
Established in 2005, Norbury Wharf has since developed a marina and boatyard offering a series of public trips and themed events, including murder mysteries and Santa cruises. The Shropshire Star is available for special celebrations, and narrowboats can be hired for cruising at one's own speed. The company is based on the Shropshire Union Canal, working as a convenient base for cruises around the Four Counties Ring. Those with their own boats can use the services of the Wharf's painters, who beautify vessels with traditional canal art and sign-writing.