Guests can take in the unspoilt countryside, landmarks and local wildlife during a 75-minute cruise along the Shropshire Union Canal
About This Deal
- Departure location: Norbury Wharf
- Departure times: 11 a.m., 12.30 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 5.30 p.m. (7 days a week); boarding is 15 minutes before boat departure
- What’s included:
- Wildlife watching opportunities (kingfishers, herons, ducks, moorhens and more)
- Access to a full bar during the trip
- The optional cream tea includes includes tea or coffee and a fruit scone with jam and cream
- The sights: the Shropshire Union Canal (completed in 1835), Norbury Church, unique High Bridge, Grub Street, and rural landscapes
- The vessel: The Shropshire Star is a seventy-foot-long narrow boat that accommodates up to 42 passengers. Her cabin has large picture windows and raised seating for panoramic views.
- Valid from 24 April 2022 to 30 September 2022
About Norbury Wharf
Established in 2005, Norbury Wharf has since developed a marina and boatyard offering a series of public trips and themed events, including murder mysteries and Santa cruises. The Shropshire Star is available for special celebrations, and narrowboats can be hired for cruising at one's own speed. The company is based on the Shropshire Union Canal, working as a convenient base for cruises around the Four Counties Ring. Those with their own boats can use the services of the Wharf's painters, who beautify vessels with traditional canal art and sign-writing.