All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
£49 for child and adolescent counselling online course
- This online course can help participants take the first steps towards a youth-counseling career or simply gain a greater understanding of the young
- The material covers everything from the nature of counselling itself to the nature of dysfunctional families, addressing areas such as psychological development and behavioural therapies
- The course also teaches techniques for dealing with many of the issues a youth counsellor encounters, from conflict and grief to bullying and abuse
- Each module concludes with a multiple-choice assessment to ensure students’ comprehension of the material, and successful completion of the course sees participants issued with a counselling children and adolescents diploma
The syllabus includes:
- Definition of counselling
- The counselling relationship
- The development cycle
- Parent, child, teacher relationships
- The complexities of growth
- Introduction – psychological development
- Conflict and stress
- Behavioural therapies
- Grief and bereavement
- Exploring grief and letting go
- Working with children
- What is co-dependency
- Using newly found skills
- Dysfunctional families explained
- Recovery – the therapeutic process
- Moving on – emotional intimacy
- Psychological study of education
- The use of language
- Child bullying and child abuse
- Setting up a practice
The Fine Print
Must redeem by 4 Jan 2019. Course content available for 12 months from registration date.
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 4 additional as gifts.
Restrictions: Register online: https://www.onlineacademies.co.uk/groupon-form. No refunds or cancellation once log in details have been provided. Internet connection required. Customer support available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, contact email@example.com. Must be 16 or older.
About Online Academies
Online Academies provide distance learning opportunities in a range of disciplines, enabling students to study at their own pace. The syllabi range from animal care to calligraphy, from working with children to wedding planning. Avoiding strict academic criteria for participation, the courses feature tutor support provided via email.