Gain one-year access to 22 modules on subjects such as child abuse and grief; each module concludes with a multiple-choice assessment
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
£29 for a child and adolescent counselling online course (42% off)
- This online course can help participants take the first steps towards a youth-counseling career or simply gain a greater understanding of the young
- The material covers everything from the nature of counselling itself to the characteristics of dysfunctional families, addressing areas such as psychological development and behavioural therapies
- The course also discusses techniques for dealing with many of the issues a youth counsellor encounters, from conflict and grief to bullying and abuse
- Each module concludes with a multiple-choice assessment to ensure the students’ comprehension of the material
The syllabus includes:
- Definition of counselling
- The counselling relationship
- The development cycle
- Parent, child, teacher relationships
- The complexities of growth
- Introduction to psychological development
- Conflict and stress
- Behavioural therapies
- Grief and bereavement
- Exploring grief and letting go
- Working with children
- What is co-dependency
- Using new-found skills
- Dysfunctional families explained
- Therapeutic process
- Emotional intimacy
- Psychological study of education
- The use of language
- Child bullying and child abuse
The Fine Print
Must redeem by 25 Nov 2019. Course content available for 12 months from registration date.
Purchase: Limit 1 per person. May buy 4 additional as gifts.
Restrictions: Register online: https://www.onlineacademies.co.uk/groupon-form. No refunds or cancellation once log in details have been provided. Internet connection required. Must be 16 or older. Merchant's certificate of completion included for successful participants.
Original values: Verified using our merchant's website on 18 Feb 2019.
About Online Academies
The team at Online Academies provide distance learning opportunities in a range of disciplines, enabling students to study at their own pace. The syllabi range from animal care to calligraphy, from working with children to wedding planning. Avoiding strict academic criteria for participation, the courses feature tutor support provided via email.