· Redeemed 9 March 2018
· Redeemed 22 January 2018
· Redeemed 11 January 2018
What You'll Get
A DIY School instructor teaches participants how to hit nails instead of thumbs in a class that covers the fundamentals of using hand and power tools. The session runs from 9.15am to 4.30pm, and everything from how to use pipe and cable detectors to using cordless screwdrivers, drills and hammer drills effectively and safely is covered.
- How to select and use hammers and nails correctly (including pin hammers through to claw hammers to lump hammers)
- From small panel pins to 4” joinery nails
- How to use screws and screw drivers correctly incl. flat head, cross head and pozidrive screws
- How to use cordless screwdrivers, drills and hammer drills
- How to use electric drills in wood and masonry
- How to screw and fix into brickwork and plasterboard, and use rawl plugs
- How to fix brackets and other items to walls
- How to use levels and squares to level and vertical results
- How to use chisels and planes effectively and safely
- How to use spanners, pliers, wrenches with nuts and bolts
- How to use hand saws on wood, metal and plastic
- How to use work benches, clamps, platforms and ladders
- How to use pipe and cable detectors to help avoid burst, leaks and shocks
- How to use craft knives correctly and safely
Choose from the following options for a full day DIY course:
£29 for one (76% off)
£58 for two (76% off)
The DIY School is dedicated to helping people become more independent and practically capable human beings. Operating at training centres in Birmingham and Manchester, the company’s offerings range from general introductory classes to courses in specific skills such as tiling, woodwork and plastering. The school also offers extended courses designed to help participants become professional handymen and women.
The Fine Print
Expires 90 days after purchase.
Purchase: Limit 1 per 1 or 2 people. May buy 10 additional as gifts.
Booking: Required online: http://bookwhen.com/thediyschool. Enter the promo code DIY1 and voucher code and security code in the three boxes on the booking form. If all three boxes are not completed in the booking process, your course place can not be confirmed. 14-day cancellation policy. All cancellations will incur a £25 processing fee.
Restrictions: Valid Mon-Thu 9.15am-4.30pm. Must be 14 or older. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Equipment provided. New customers only. Must wear tough, suitable footwear. Valid on option purchased only.
Original values: Verified using our merchant's website on 15 Jun 2015.