Enjoy an afternoon tea with a glass of Champagne including scones with Devon clotted cream and a selection of homemade cakes
What You'll Get
- What’s included:
- Selection of sandwiches: poached salmon and dill crème fraiche on dark rye bread | coronation chicken on brown bread | roast Yorkshire beef with horseradish and watercress on brown bread | cucumber with Hendrick’s gin and apple compote on white bread | Burford brown egg and mustard cress on a brioche bun
- Freshly-baked scones: sultana and plain scones served with Devon clotted cream and Mrs Darlington’s jams
- Assortment of homebaked cakes: lemon drizzle cake with candied lemon glaze | dark chocolate and orange sachertorte | duck egg custard tart with Yorkshire rhubarb | apple and caramel crumble
- Range of premium loose leaf tea including the hotel’s three private blends
- Glass of Bouche Cuvée Brut
- More details can be found here
The Fine Print
Expires 30 September 2020. Limit 1 per 2 or 4 people, may buy 10 additional as gifts. Mandatory online booking required at least 24 hours in advance. Check availability here and book here. No cancellations permitted once booking is confirmed. Rescheduling permitted with a minimum of 48 hours notice; subject to availability. Must be 18 or older with a valid ID for alcohol. Valid Mon-Fri 1pm-4.30pm or Sat-Sun noon-5.30pm. Alcohol can be replaced with a soft drink if required. Excludes bank holidays. Valid for option purchased only.
About The Tea Room at The Midland Hotel
The Midland is famous for its indulgent afternoon tea and has played host to this wonderful tradition since opening its doors in 1903. Served in the opulent surroundings of The Tea Room guests can indulge in an array of finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones, delicate cakes and a selection of loose leaf teas or exclusive Midland blends. The Midland Sparkling Afternoon Tea is the perfect way to celebrate any occasion and enjoy this quintessentially British pastime.