In a Nutshell
Defined by its delicate appearance compared to other plants in its family, this non-invasive dwarf boasts slender, thin and arching canes
- Non-invasive dwarf plant
- Produces many small canes
- More delicate appearance compared to other plants in its family
- Slender, thin and arching canes
- Ideal for patio pots or as an easy-care non-trim hedge
- Supplied in a pair of 2L pots
- Height upon delivery: 40cm - 50cm
- Ready to plant
- Best restricted when planting either by incorporating a barrier or by growing in a large pot
- Best planted in spring
- Before planting, dig over the ground and add well-rotted manure or garden compost
- Dig a planting hole so that the rootball sits slightly lower, with 2-3cm of soil covering the original surface
- Backfill the hole, taking care not to damage the young rhizomes, then water and mulch
- Water regularly and ensure that bamboo plants in containers do not dry out even in winter as the foliage is prone to wind scorch
- Give a high nitrogen feed in spring and apply a balanced fertiliser through the rest of the growing season until late August
- New bamboo plants can be contained within a physical barrier to prevent them from spreading through beds and borders
- Divide the bamboo every couple of years
- In spring, remove any weak, dead, damaged or spindly canes, cutting them to ground level; at the same time remove any debris at the base of clumps
- Smaller bamboos are ideal grown in a container at least 45cm across
- In very cold weather, insulate containers with bubble wrap or move them to frost-free conditions
- Doesn’t flower; considered a hedging plant (not annual or perennial)
- Final height and spread: 200cm x 120cm
- Diameter: 10”
- Material: Polypropylene
- Drainage holes
- Hand wash only
- Colour: silver over black
Images shown are for guidance only of the expected results from plants upon maturity. Different growing conditions may vary results.
Customers should check whether plants are suitable for their homes and gardens before purchasing.
See here for care recommendations for garden products.
Shipping to most of GB mainland. Not available for Highlands and Islands.
The Fine Print
Delivery: £1.99 (not included). Allow 7 working days (Monday to Friday). Shipping only to most of GB mainland. Not available for Highlands and Islands.
Your order: At checkout you will be prompted to enter a delivery address. Delivery address cannot be amended after order is placed.
Returns and queries: Products sold by Groupon Goods Global GmbH. For this deal the Terms of Sale and the Returns Policy of Groupon Goods Global GmbH are applicable. For more on Groupon Goods Global GmbH, see the FAQ.