You will be transported through time as you travel towards Speyside getting closer to some of the worlds most famous Distilleries and you will hear all the local Craic from your Guide.
It will depend on how early you book this tour as it is not always possible to gain entry to all distilleries on the same day as they are usually very busy. We will always do his best to ensure you get to visit and enjoy the distilleries of your choice around the area.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Clava Cairns, Balnuaran of Clava, IV2 5EU Scotland
Our first stop will be to the Clava cairns. Clava Cairns are a well-preserved Bronze Age cemetery complex of passage graves; ring cairns, kerb cairns and standing stones in a beautiful setting. Clava Cairns or the Prehistoric Burial Cairns of Bulnuaran of Clava are a group of three Bronze Age cairns located near Inverness. A hugely significant and exceptionally well preserved prehistoric site, Clava Cairns is a fantastic example of the distant history of Highland Scotland, dating back about 4,000 years.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Culloden Moor IV2 5EU Scotland
Our second stop... is a visit to the powerfully moving site of the final Jacobite Rising – the last and most harrowing pitched battle to be fought on British soil between Scotland and England. Explore the interactive visitor centre, view fascinating artefacts from both sides of the confrontation, and experience the battle in our immersive surround cinema. On 16 April 1746, the final Jacobite Rising came to a brutal head. Jacobite supporters, seeking to restore the Stuart monarchy to the British thrones, gathered to fight the Duke of Cumberland's government troops. It was the last pitched battle on British soil and, in less than an hour, around 1,500 men were slain – more than 1,000 of them Jacobites.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dochgarroch, Dochgarroch, Loch Ness Region, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
We now travel to Dochgarroch Locks, fascinating to see the boats as they clinb up through the Caledonian Canal to gain entry on to Loch Ness. There is also the opportunity if you wish to board one of the Jacobite Cruisers onto Castle Urquhart where I can collect you.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ness, Scotland
We will travel along the shore of Loch ness towards Drumnadrochit from Inverness, stopping of course for a photo or two. Maybe Nessie will join us too :)
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ness Centre & Exhibition, Drumnadrochit IV63 6TU Scotland
The Exhibition has some amazing displays inside of the History and Science behind the mysterious Loch. It usually takes 30 - 45 minutes to get round and will cost approx £11 to access. We can also grab a bit of lunch here in the Hotel Cafe.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Urquhart Castle, A82, Drumnadrochit IV63 6XJ Scotland
Now we make our way to a Castle full of Wild natural beauty and 1,000 years of history - Urquhart Castle offers a taste of the Highlands at their most dramatic. Discover 1,000 years of drama, experience a glimpse of medieval life and enjoy stunning views over Loch Ness from the ruins of the greatest castle in the Highlands. Climb the Grant Tower that watches over the iconic loch, peer into a miserable prison cell, said to have held the legendary Gaelic bard Domhnall Donn, and imagine the splendid banquets staged in the great hall.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The minimum drinking age for alcohol consumption is 18
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Local (Smiling) Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Entry fee to Urquhart Castle (Usually £12)
- Entry fee to Loch Ness Exhibition (Usually £11)
- Entry Fee to Culloden Battlefield Exhibition (Usually £11)
- Entry/Admission - Culloden Battlefield
- Entry/Admission - Loch Ness Centre & Exhibition
- Entry/Admission - Urquhart Castle
Royal Highland Hotel, 18 Station Square, Academy St, Inverness IV1 1LG, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
If your Hotel, Guest house or B&B is not listed please get in touch to let us know. We may still be able to pick you up.
- Inverness Airport, Inverness Scotland
- Port of Cromarty Firth, Shore Rd, Invergordon IV18 0HD, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/27/2021 - 6/13/2023
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
6 to 7 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the 5 Star Highland Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.