See Edinburgh from on high by hiking our famous 7 Hills! By taking this new combined minicoach/hiking tour, you’ll see the very best views of Edinburgh’s amazing landscape in just one morning (0830-1330), while learning lots about the city along the way. Starting at the Castle Rock, you’ll take a minicoach tour of our ring of hills, hiking to the tops from our parking points. On the summits your guide will tell you more about the views, linking into Edinburgh’s history and culture. Plus, rest your feet at the half way point with complimentary morning coffee and scones!
What You'll Get
Meeting at 0830 at our pickup point at Johnston Terrace, right below Edinburgh’s famous Castle, you’ll learn about how the Castle Rock and the rest of the 7 Hills were formed, and more about the Castle and its history. Our luxury vehicle will then take you round the ring of the 7 Hills – Corstorphine, Craiglockhart, Braid, Blackford, Arthur’s Seat and finally Calton Hill, our finish point. At each hill, you will have the chance to hike to the summit (5-20 minutes), to take in the view, get photographs, and hear more about what you see from your local guide, who will give more commentary as we travel on Edinburgh history and culture, touching on themes as diverse as Sir Walter Scott, community rivalry, psychiatry and literature, golf, Edinburgh’s bourgeoisie, and LGBT Edinburgh. At the half way point you’ll stop for complimentary coffee and scones at the luxurious Braid Hills Hotel.
In the distance you’ll be seeing the hills of Fife, the Borders and the far Trossachs, as well as the nearer Pentland Hills, which guard Edinburgh’s southern edge. You’ll also see the beautiful Firth of Forth with its uninhabited islands, and right down to the volcanic cone of North Berwick Law. Closer in you’ll see the landmarks of the city, both famous and lesser known, including the former hospital where the war poets Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon jointly edited the house magazine! Finally, at our destination, Calton Hill, you’ll be among the great monuments of Edinburgh's golden age.
By the end of your energetic morning you’ll have the satisfaction of having accomplished something that even few locals have done, and you’ll know Edinburgh in a far deeper way than ever before.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with back or mobility problems
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately including shoes or boots suitable for rough ground
- Subject to weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Subject to weather, Arthur's Seat climb may not be available.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Morning coffee and scones
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or hybrid EV
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Food and drink apart from the included refreshments and snacks
Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh
Calton Hill, by Regent Road, Edinburgh
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the 7 Hills Tours Edinburgh in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.