I love walking. Exploring the local hills and forest. I have experience in orienteering. I wish to share this though there will be no certificates - just a friendly chat and learning as we go. A small group enjoying the countryside and learning a skill. There will be a little history and geography too - from Jacobite rebellions to 1st and 2nd world war and ancestry.
About This Deal
Orienteering requires wayfinding skills using a map and compass to navigate from point to point in diverse and usually unfamiliar terrain. We will be walking in the hills and forests, coast and countryside of Ross Shire - particularly around Alness. I will tutor the orienteering and wayfinding skills. Maps and compass provided for the day. Walkers must come with suitable clothes and footwear. Guests will leave more confident in orienteering and navigating - in finding their way. How to find direction without a compass. Where suitable the routes, meeting point and time required will be chosen by attendees. There will be time to chat and find out the history of Ross and Cromarty - from prehistory, through Jacobite rebellions, the first and second world wars.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- This is an outdoor activity with lots of space between everyone. Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear is required.
Skiach Services, Evanton Industrial Estate, Evanton, Dingwall IV16 9XH, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Where pick up is required this is by arrangement.
- Port of Cromarty Firth, Shore Rd, Invergordon IV18 0HD, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/13/2021 - 12/4/2022
|Monday - Friday:||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alan Richards in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.