The "New Edinburgh in Georgian and Victorian times" tour offers a unique prospective of 19th century Edinburgh, covering a gap of time stretching from the construction of the first new neighborhoods of the New Town until the death of Queen Victoria in 1901.
Have a taste of the expensive and fancy life of the Georgians Edinburghers and don't miss the chance to discover all the Victorian inventions and innovations which we still use today!
Get to know the people that made it possible, from writers like Arthur Conan Doyle or Robert Luis Stevenson, to doctors like James Young Simpson, to scientists like James Clerk Maxwell and Alexander Graham Bell.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Scottish National Portrait Gallery, 1 Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1JD Scotland
The Scottish National Portrait Gallery was opened in 1888 and it has exhibitions about characters of Scottish history, like Walter Scott, John Knox and Bonnie Prince Charlie.
Pass By: Scottish National Gallery, The Mound, Edinburgh EH2 2EL Scotland
Designed by Henry Playfair, the galleries expose some of the finest national and international artists from the Renaissance to contemporary times.
Stop At: Princes Street Gardens, 54 Princes Street, Edinburgh EH2 4BA Scotland
The Princes Street Gardens adorne the most famous shopping street of the city. Their colorful flowers are garded by important statues all year around.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Georgian House, 7 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4DR Scotland
The Georgian House shows how the wealthy people of Edinburgh used to live when the New Town was being built.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance to attractions
- Entry/Admission - Georgian House
Traveler pickup is offered
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/8/2021 - 7/13/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
2 to 3 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alba Chiara Di Bari in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.