Book making is a wonderful, hands on skill that anyone can learn. You'll take creative control over how you design and make your own book with some easy to learn techniques and simple, traditional tools you could have at home. You'll create a beautiful book of your own in the peace and tranquility of my studio by the sea and feel inspired to use it as a gift or to fill with your own words, photos and art work.
About This Deal
Come and enjoy time in my lovely garden studio near the sea in Whitstable where I'll show you how to make a hand made book with a cover design of your choice.
I'll provide all the kit you need and show you how to use the tools, materials and binding techniques involved in this traditional craft.
I’ll show you all sorts of simple but beautiful hand made books and, together, we’ll make a hard covered concertina book with your choice of cover.
These books are perfect for displaying your photos of your time here in Whitstable, as journals, sketch books or leave them blank and offer them as birthday/Christmas gifts to friends and family!
This experience is ideal for anyone over 16; friends, couples or families.
At the end of the workshop, you'll take away your very own handmade concertina book and you too will be a book maker with the skills to make your own books at home!
Refreshments are provided, parking is free in the road I live on (with plenty of nearby Pay & Display options) and toilet facilities are available.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The studio we will use has two double doors and a large window and these will be open to provide as much ventilation as possible. Hand sanitiser will be available and face masks can be worn.
- Tea & Coffee
- All book making equipment & materials
15 Northwood Rd, Whitstable CT5 2ES, UK
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alex Hare in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.