This is a chance to experience the majesty of the one the most iconic mountains in Scotland first hand with a friendly and experienced mountain leader. You’ll hike to the summit(s) through amazing scenery and have a chance to see beautiful views in all directions, including the settings for many film sets such as Harry Potter, Skyfall and Highlander The challenge is tough at times but achievable to anyone with reasonable fitness.
What You'll Get
Starting at the carpark at Altnafeadh, we follow the route past the SMC hut at Lagangarbh before taking the path into Corrie na Tulaich. We continue on the steep route to the head of the coire, through boulder fields and rough scree before finally reaching the broad ridge. From here we follow the rough path up the broad ridge and to the first summit of Stob Dearg, a superb viewpoint and a great spot to linger on a summers day.
We trace the route back to the headwall before continuing the long ascent along the fabulous ridge towards the top of Stob na Doire and then continue to the second munro of Stob na Brioge.
The return journey takes us back along the same route to the bealach just after the top of Stob na Doire, where a good path with some minor scrambling descends to the glen below and back to the start point.
Duration: 7 hours
Location: Buachaille Etive Mor, Ballachulish Scotland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Qualified mountain leader who will guide you for the duration of the trip.
- Customers must have own equipment, although we can provide details of where to rent any items.
1: Glencoe Mountain Resort, Glencoe PH49 4HZ, UK
2: Altnafeadh, Ballachulish PH49 4HY, UK
7 to 9 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Andy Gillies in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.