The mountains of the Scottish Highlands are world renowned for their ancient and varied history and habitats. Put these together with riding on centuries-old trails, remote glens and lonely summits and you have a truly epic mountain biking experience. Highly experienced guiding, with a passion for adventure and learning will help you get the most out of the day.
About This Deal
Having checked weather, aims, equipment and experience, we will decide on one of several mountain routes. From the trailhead, we have a slow and steady ride up on roads, tracks and paths through some of Britain's finest mountain terrain. The northern Cairngorms National Park consists of ancient pine forests and friendly highland villages, overlooked by the massive tundra-covered Cairngorms plateau. With summits rising to 4200ft (1300m) and very varied weather, we have good lower alternative routes. Our ascent may involve sections of pushing and carrying, but it will be worth it as we experience long descents, sometimes with technical sections, through ancient boulder-strewn landscapes. If you want a little coaching on the way, we can do that, or if you are happy just to enjoy the stunning surroundings, we can do that too. Expect between approx 8km/600m ascent to 16km/800m ascent. We will be entirely self-sufficient, using either our own bikes or local hire bikes. A full equipment list will be sent to you at booking and we can help organise bike hire for you if needed. This is expedition-style riding at it's best - be prepared for changeable weather, big views and great scenery.
• Cairngorm Mountain, CairnGorm Ski Area, Aviemore PH22 1RB Scotland
• Cairngorms National Park, PH22 1QH Scotland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Detailed briefings and conversation with travellers, to help decide the route on the day.
- Instruction and guiding
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
Tiso Aviemore Outdoor Experience, Unit 1, Retail Park, Santa Claus Drive, Aviemore PH22 1AF, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Physical distancing restrictions will apply in the company vehicle.
- Inverness Airport, Inverness Scotland
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Arc Guiding in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.