Embark on a fully cost-inclusive, intimate (2-8 guests) journey of discovery from Bath into authentic England to discover the medieval city of Wells, it’s incredible gothic Cathedral & Bishop’s Palace, swans, a moat, rose gardens & intriguing stories. Then, after an incredible lunch, venture to the world famous Stourhead estate & gardens to admire its lake, trees, flowers, follies & beauty spots.Go beyond the ordinary tor a travel experience that is truly exceptional - personal, unique, engaging, meaningful & relaxing…Includes lunch, pick-up & return, refreshments, entrances, extraordinary driver-guide, luxury travel, unique experiences, discoveries & engaging insights… Experience authentic England & create truly unforgettable memories.
What You'll Get
This is no ordinary tour. It is extraordinary.
We immerse those looking to truly experience England in the beauty, culture, cuisine, heritage of our region. Each 'Curated Experience' is a chocolate-box adventure that combines history, landscapes, stories, dining & a personalised approach to create a truly magical & unforgettable experience. We take care of every little detail, cover every cost, & tailor the experience around you so you can relax & focus on enjoying an extraordinary experience...
Our guides are also exceptional. Each one is a talented story-teller but also highly insightful, thoughtful & engaging. The conversations you'll share will likely be about more than simply the tour...
On this tour you'll...
Venture to the historic city of Wells for a first-hand encounter with England’s religious & medieval past. Unveil the stories of fornicating Bishops, pious pilgrims & corrupt clergy whilst wandering through its 13th Century Bishop's Palace, gardens & Cathedral before stopping for an exquisite lunch nearby.
Journey deep into hidden, undiscovered, ancient landscapes, to the world-famous gardens at Stourhead. Encounter serenity, awe & beauty on a stroll around the lake of England's most spectacular landscape garden, discovering magnificent vistas, stunning specimens, sunken grottos & classical temples…
Admire the perfectly preserved adjacent Stourhead House, a Palladian Mansion that was once home to the Hoare family, before heading back to Bath along narrow lanes, past sheep & stone cottages.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Comfortable footwear recommended
- Tour operates in all kinds of weather, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 10 years (younger children are welcome on condition they are well-behaved & do not undermine other guests' experience!)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- All costs are included so you can focus on enjoying yourself
- Collection and return to your Bath accommodation
- An amazing lunch (with beverage of your choice) at a stunning country coaching inn
- Small group of 8 or fewer in a comfortable vehicle.
- A unique journey into authentic England, led by a local.
- Refreshments including tea in the afternoon
- An engaging, intelligent local guide
- A unique, immersive and relaxed experience unlike anything else.
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Afternoon tea
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Gratuities/tips are not included but are gratefully accepted. As a company we believe that gratuities are an important part of motivating and recognising outstanding service, and reward the guide for the commitment and care they have provided. They are discretionary and not expected.
- Additional purchases such as gifts, additional refreshments etc. are not included.
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Around and About Bath in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.