The imposing Dome of St. Paul's Cathedral has been a symbol of London not least during the blitz of the second world war when it stood framed by the fires raging in the city. A church has stood on the site since the 7c. and the present building, a masterpiece of Christopher Wren, was completed in 1708 after 32 years of work. The impressive interior contains mementos and monuments to many of Britain's heroes including Nelson, Wellington and Churchill. The famous Whispering Gallery is well worth the climb.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Paul's Cathedral, St Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD England
The cathedral is one of the most famous and most recognisable sights of London. Its dome, framed by the spires of Wren's City churches, has dominated the skyline for over 300 years.[page needed] At 365 feet (111 m) high, it was the tallest building in London from 1710 to 1967.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St. Mary Abchurch, Off Cannon Street / King William Street Abchurch Yard, London EC4N 7BA England
St. Mary Abchurch contains a wealth of objects including a massive reredos by Grinling Gibbons.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St. Stephen Walbrook, 39 Walbrook, London EC4N 8BN England
Christopher Wren built 53 churches following the fire of London in 1666 and 23 remain. Among these we will visit St. Stephen Walbrook and St. Mary Abchurch. The former has a beautifully designed dome which undoubtedly served as a model for St. Paul's.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Private tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Cannon Street, Cannon St, London, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the ARTSTUR Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.