Delve into London’s royal history on this private 3 hour morning tour. With your very own personal guide, tour Westminster Abbey, the Royal Church of England and the country’s coronation church since 1066. Admire the early Gothic architecture and learn about the royal events hosted there. Then, stroll up Whitehall, where the British Prime Minister is based, to Banqueting House, the only surviving part of the grand Palace of Whitehall. Wander around the banqueting hall, see the ceiling paintings by Sir Peter Paul Rubens and learn about the British royals.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
Choose from a morning or afternoon tour, and then meet your guide — an art history specialist — by Westminster Abbey. Snap photos of Gothic crowd pleaser, perhaps the most beautiful early Gothic building in the country, and hear about the abbey’s long, rich history.
As you step inside with your guide, discover how the abbey, a royal mausoleum for many centuries, has been used to crown all the kings and queens of England, except two, since William I’s coronation in 1066.
Learn about the royal weddings hosted here, including the weddings of Queen Elizabeth II to Prince Philip and Prince William to Kate Middleton, and admire the many artworks and monuments dedicated to soldiers, artists, statesman and writers. You’ll also see the College Garden. At some 1,000 years old, it is thought to be the oldest garden in England.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Banqueting House, Whitehall Palace Whitehall Horse Guards Avenue, London SW1A 2ER England
After touring Westminster Abbey, walk with your guide to Banqueting House, the only remaining part of the Palace of Whitehall, a vast royal complex that was burnt down in 1698. Before heading inside, stand on the spot where Charles I was beheaded in 1649 after being convicted of high treason. Then enter the 17th-century building with your guide.
Learn about Charles I and his father, James I Stuart, for who the Banqueting House was built, as you wander from room to room. See the impressive banqueting hall, which would have been used for balls, masques and other royal ceremonies, and admire the elaborate ceiling frescoes that were painted by Sir Peter Paul Rubens.
When the time comes, bid farewell to your guide outside Banqueting House and continue your sightseeing independently or make your own way back to your hotel.
Please note: The Banqueting House is open daily except on Thursdays when it is closed for private events. Should you opt for a Thursday tour, you will instead enjoy an extended visit to Westminster Abbey or Royal Horseguards Museum but please let us know your preference.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that Westminster Abbey is closed on Sundays in which case the tour will be varied
- Note, we always try to provide local contact details too - if we have this information - it will be available on the booking form
- Please note: The Banqueting House is closed from December 21 to April 1. The tour will visit The National Gallery during this time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Private art historian guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Banqueting House, London SW1A 2NP, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the ARTSTUR Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.