Tate Britain, where your tour starts, contains the main collection of British Art from the 16c. to the present day. It is a splendid 19c. home for the British collection. Updated recently it has all modern facilities and is endowed with some beautiful space for large sculpture in the Duveen Galleries. In the Clore Galleries you will find a continuous but frequently changing display of paintings by Turner, from the bequest he made to the Nation of over 300 works. They are a must for all lovers of this great artist.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tate Modern, 53 Bankside, London SE1 9TG England
A boat trip down the Thames links the two Tates and provides a wonderful panorama of London from the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben to St. Paul's and the City of London. You alight on the South Bank for the Tate Modern, the famous conversion of the Bankside Power Station (1957-60) which took place during the 1990's to house the 20 C. collection of Modern and Contemporary Art. Apart from the exciting modern collection of paintings, sculptures, and objects, it enjoys from the top floor splendid views over the Thames towards St. Paul's, to which it has been linked by the Millennium pedestrian bridge by Norman Foster. It also contains an imposing collection of modern European masterpieces from the beginning of the 20 C with great works by the Italian futurists like Boccioni or metaphysical painters like De Chirico, French masterpieces in sculpture and paintings like Degas' Dancers, Matisse, Picasso and an impressive collection of American Abstract Expressionists.
This in-depth private tour is hosted by a professional guide specializing in art history.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Private tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Tate Modern, London SE1, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the ARTSTUR Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.