What You'll Get
Your Sightseeing Tour starts from your accommodation, ensuring a great start your chauffeur will do a full introduction and point out all the on-board facilities in the vehicle. Once the formalities are out of the way they will run through the itinerary for the day and ensure all the passengers are comfortable and answer any questions before setting off
- Starting at Edinburgh Castle. In 1566 Mary Queen of Scots gave birth to James VI in the royal palace within the castle and the tiny bed-closet still survives. Most importantly to Scots, in 1996 the Stone of Destiny, Scotland’s coronation stone, was placed in the Crown Room alongside the nation’s Crown Jewels, (the Honours of Scotland), following its return from Westminster after a space of 800 years
- Next up at the Ocean Terminal is the Royal Yacht Britannia where presidents, Kings and Queens were entertained. It was, first and foremost, the home from home of the Royal family when entertaining abroad. As part of your tour of Britannia, why not visit the Royal Deck Tea Room? You can enjoy delicious, and freshly prepared, home-made food, stunning views and a warm welcome
- You then travel to the north of Edinburgh to a UNESCO World Heritage site the Forth Bridge, one of the stunning backdrops Scotland has to offer. With a short walk around South Queensferry, there are plenty of place to have lunch while soaking up the views across the Firth of Forth
- Heading to the south of Edinburgh next stop is Rosslyn Chapel, featured in the bestselling novel & film the Da Vinci Code. Other attractions are its unique & mysterious carvings and the beauty of its setting along with theories of connections to the Knights Templer, The Holy Grail and Freemasonry. A new state-of-the-art visitor centre tells the Chapel's story and with an attractive coffee & gift shop to finish it off
- Travel back to central Edinburgh and Holyrood Park, for those wanting to see one of the best views of Edinburgh then Arthurs Seat the extinct volcano overlooking the city is worth the walk. Another option is Carlton Hill both giving stunning views of the city and beyond
- At the end of the Royal Mile to the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence of the Queen in Scotland. The palace was home to Mary Queen of Scots for six years and houses beautiful tapestries and paintings
- Now in contrast visit the New Town through Charlotte Square to the Georgian House to experience the elegance of 18th-century living in Edinburgh’s New Town. Designed in 1791 by Robert Adam, Scotland’s foremost 18th-century architect, Charlotte Square was one of the most fashionable and desirable residential addresses in the New Town
Your tour finishes with all passengers being taken back to their accommodation, the Door to Door experience helps you enjoy the tour without the worry of finding your way back at the end of the day or that walk up to Arthurs Seat!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an Adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Maximum of 6 people per booking
- A small amount of walking is involved but can be reduced depending on route
- Wi-Fi Access
- Bottled water
- Hotel Pickup & Drop-Off (Door to Door Service
- Small-Group Tour (1 to 6 Passengers)
- Private Tour (1 to 6 Passengers)
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes Benz Minivan
- Local taxes
- Entrance Fees
- Gratuities (Passenger Discretion)
- Food and Drinks - Lunch & Picnics (Availabile at Extra Cost)
Edinburgh - All
Edinburgh International Airport (EDI)
Edinburgh Waverley Train Station
Edinburgh - Leith
Edinburgh - Rosyth
Edinburgh - Newhaven
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Aura Journeys Central Scotland in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.