Explore two of London’s top attractions in one day on this 5.5-hour private guided museum combo tour of the National Gallery and British Museum. Follow a private guide through the National Gallery’s hallways and admire famous works such as Jan van Eyck’s ‘Arnolfini Portrait’ or Van Gogh’s ‘Sunflowers’. Along the way, learn of skilled artists like Botticelli, Monet, Rembrandt, and Vermeer, and look out for their paintings. Afterward, delve into 6,000 years of human history at The British Museum, and discover valuable treasures like the Oxus Treasure, the Parthenon sculptures, and the Rosetta Stone.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG England
Meet your private guide outside the British Museum at 10am, then step inside to begin your 5-hour tour.
At The British Museum discover valuable treasures such as the Mummy of Katebet, the Oxus Treasure, the Parthenon sculptures, and the Rosetta Stone. During your tour, explore 6,000 years of human history and learn of primitive tribes and mighty empires through the ages.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN England
After lunch (own expense), head onward to the National Gallery Admire works such as Johannes Vermeer’s A Young Woman Standing at a Virginal, Jan van Eyck’s Arnolfini Portrait, or Van Gogh’s Sunflowers, and hear essential details on the meanings behind the works. Explore the galleries and hallways — home to masterpieces by Botticelli, Monet, Rembrandt, and Vermeer — and gain insight into art history dating back to the 14th century.
When your guided visit comes to an end, continue exploring at your leisure or step outside to conclude your tour.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours London, 80 Cathcart Road, London SW10 9DJ England
Say “Cheerio” to the dusty, stodgy tours of yesteryear. At Babylon Tours, our London is fresh and engaging – the one that you probably want to experience. Join us on a private or small group tour through the National Gallery and the British Museum or hit the streets through a historic tour of the center and (maybe) catch a glimpse of Kate or the rest of the royal family. Our young, energetic guides at Babylon Tours will introduce you to London in the best way possible, from Big Ben to the street art of its multicultural East End.
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: British Museum and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guided Combo Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Break)
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
British Museum (Stop W), Holborn, London WC1A 2NJ, UK
300 to 330 minutes
The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross, London WC2N 5DN, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Babylon Tours London in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.