Oxford is a beautiful city packed full of fascinating and historic architecture, spacious countryside, relaxing rivers and canals and has been (and continues to be) where many inspirational people have called home.
You will be offered a unique guided cycle tour of Oxford, where you can see and experience so much more of Oxford and what it has to offer.
You'll be able to see a lot more on bike, both within the city and its surrounds.
About This Deal
The tour starts in the city centre exploring some of the fascinating dreaming spires, before escaping the hustle and bustle of the city centre into the surrounding countryside to ride in the un-touched Port Meadow alongside the River Thames, before getting a taste of the daily lives of past and present Oxonians.
The tour has 11 carefully selected designated stops, offering a good mixture of history, culture and hidden gems.
At each stop your friendly guides will share some insight into our historic city, allowing plenty of time for interaction and photographs.
Part 1 - Exploring the beautiful city of Oxford:
Visit the spot where the Oxford Martyrs last stood
Ride under the Bridge of Sighs
Look out for the wonderful grotesque gargoyles watching over you
Ride some of the oldest paths inside Oxford city walls
Ride to the meeting place of the famous literary group The Inklings
Part 2 - Slip away into the peaceful countryside:
Ride through historic Jericho
Visit the largest university press in the world; Oxford University Press
Ride through the historic Port Meadow
Ride along the River Thames, where Lewis Carroll began to spin the tale of Alice’s adventures in Wonderland
Visit the original burial place of the Henry II’s mistress - Rosamund the Fair
Ride along the historic Oxford Canal
Part 3 - The inspirational residents of Oxford:
Ride to the home of J.R.R. Tolkien
Visit Lady Margaret Hall where Benazir Bhutto studied and was elected as president of the Oxford Union
Ride past the University Parks and its cricket ground
See the distinctive college designed by William Butterfield
End the tour at Christopher Wrens ‘Jewel in Oxford’s architectural crown’
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- As this is a cycle tour, wheelchairs and strollers wouldn't be used but tag alongs are available
- minimum 2 travellers or single person supplement
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for late stage pregnant travellers
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face coverings currently optional (not provided), but we follow government requirements at all times. All groups now have private tours so that they have their own social bubble.
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Bridge of Sighs
- Entry/Admission - Port Meadow
- Entry/Admission - Thames River
- Entry/Admission - Lady Margaret Hall
- Entry/Admission - Oxford Canal
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bainton Bikes in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.