My 'Eyes on the Spies' Central London tour not only reveals the locations where infamous acts of espionage have occurred but we discover how the incidents impacted on the people involved and the wider world, the human consequences and the lessons we may learn from history.
Each tour has only 10 available places ensuring the group is never too large.
Each tour guest uses an audio commentary receiver and earpiece. This ensures crystal clear commentary in all conditions.
The tour uses the Transport for London rail network (Zone 1) to travel between the most iconic and relevant sites.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. James' Square, London SW1Y 4JU England
Our tour route takes in the St James district around Piccadilly and includes the location that became the focus of a state sponsored assassination attempt by Russian spies. We then explore how the Soviet forces enticed a British spy to defect to the communist regime for cold hard cash and visit the scene of one of Mi5's greatest failures of intelligence that led to a policing tragedy that still remains unsolved today. We finish here by revealing the exploits of a female spy, a hero of the second World War who helped in the fight against the Nazi's.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Vauxhall Bridge, London England
The Mi6 building at Vauxhall Cross is the modern public face of the British Secret Intelligence Service Mi6. Christened Babylon on Thames we explore the origins and development of the environs of the vast edifice and how it serves the needs of the security community. As we mingle with real life spies going about their daily business we recount an audacious attack on the building by terrorist forces at the turn of the Millennium.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Grosvenor Square, Mayfair Apartments 9 Charles Street Mayfair Apartments, London W1J 5DL England
We explore this area known as 'Little America' during WW2 to discover an American spy who tried to change world history. Our final stop reveals where the Soviet assassins return to complete their deadly mission.
Duration: 35 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A small number of hearing induction loops are available for customers who need them. These are limited and must be requested at the point of booking
- Not recommended for young persons under 16 years due to moderate descriptions of death
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- All our audio equipment is sanitised between use and we provide extra wipes if guests wish to sanitise for themselves
- Audio receivers with earpieces to receive crystal clear commentary
- Entry/Admission - St. James' Square
- guests provide a valid TFL Oyster card or payment method to travel the London Underground the
Green Park, Piccadilly, London W1J 9DZ, UK
2 hours 30 minutes
38 Grosvenor Square, London W1K, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Barfield Capital Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.