What You'll Get
• Morning pick-up from your cruise ship in Southampton (or hotel in Southampton).
• Private transfer to the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath, home to Britain's only hot springs. On route you will have a stop to explore one of Britain's most iconic sites - the ancient stone circle of Stonehenge. Your friendly guide will accompany you around the stones to explain the stories and theories behind this fascinating site.
• Private guided walk around Bath with your guide who was born and raised in Bath. The tour includes a guided visit inside the city's most famous attraction - the Roman Baths - one of the best preserved remains of an ancient Roman spa. During the tour you will be shown the hot springs and have the opportunity to taste the waters which is what attracted visitors in the 18th Century.
• Overnight in Bath.
Today you will have a private tour of the must-see attractions located in the area surrounding Bath. The tour includes:
• Walking tour of England's smallest city, Wells. Includes a visit to Europe's oldest residential street and the magnificent Wells Cathedral which dates back to the 13th Century and houses the world's second oldest working clock.
• Visit to Cheddar, the birth-place of the world's most popular cheese: Cheddar Cheese. Includes a visit to a small cheese factory - the only one still producing Cheddar Cheese in Cheddar. There will be an opportunity to try a variety of their cheeses including one which is matured in local caves.
• Drive through the spectacular Cheddar Gorge, England's largest gorge. There will be the opportunity to stop and walk up to a viewpoint on the gorge where you will be rewarded with fantastic panoramic views of the gorge and surrounding area.
• Overnight in Bath.
• Guided walking tour of a charming village on the outskirts of Bath which the local tour buses have yet to discover! Your guide will give you an insight into English village life and show you the village's fascinating historical features. You will also have a walk through the surrounding countryside where you will be shown an ancient historical site.
• ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Visit a small non-for profit falconry at a different village. The local falconer will introduce you to the birds and teach you basic falconry techniques. After learning the techniques you will have a small walk into the surrounding countryside where you will have the unique opportunity to fly a hawk. If you would like to do this activity, please select this option at the time of booking.
• After lunch at a village pub you will be driven to the drop-off point for your next destination (e.g. London, London airports, Southampton, Oxford, Cirencester, Birmingham, Bristol).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Accommodation facilities: Bath has a number of small boutique guest-houses, often in historical buildings, which add to the experience of staying in Bath. Due to their size, these guest-houses do not have the same facilities as hotels i.e. there is no on-site restaurant for lunch/evening meals, no gym and receptions are not manned 24/7. If these facilities are important to you, please request a 3* hotel at the time of booking.
- Accommodation stairs: A number of the boutique guest-houses are located in historical buildings which do not have a lift and thus may require a number of steps to reach your room and the breakfast room (Bath's Georgian buildings traditionally had their kitchens in the basement). If you prefer your room to be located on a lower floor, please advise us at the time of booking.
- Accommodation rooms: Rooms are based upon the size of your group (1 person: 1 single room, 2 people: 1 double room, 3 people: 1 double room and 1 single room, 4 people: 2 x double rooms). All rooms are en-suite. Please advise at the time of booking if you have any additional room requirements e.g. twin bed format.
- This tour includes a number of walking tours which may be on uneven surfaces and thus is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. The viewpoint at Cheddar Gorge involves a 15 minute walk up a steep dirt path which can get muddy when there has been rain.
- Fly a Hawk Option: This activity may not be private. The falconry has a maximum group size of 4 people. Due to limited spaces, availability will be checked at the time of your booking and confirmed back to you. The hawk flying is subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Dietary Requirements: Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Local guide who was born and raised in Bath
- Private tour
- 2 nights accommodation in a boutique guest house/3* hotel in Bath with breakfast
- Port/hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private modern vehicle with air-conditioning
- Food and drinks, unless specified
We can collect you from the port at Southampton where your cruise ship has docked, or from a hotel in Southampton. Please send details of your cruise/hotel at the time of booking.
After lunch on Day 3, we will drive you to a convenient drop-off point for your next destination. Drop-off points include: London Heathrow Airport, London Gatwick Airport, London hotel, Oxford hotel, Cirencester hotel, Southamption, Birmingham, Bristol. Please specify at the time of booking your preferred drop-off point along with information on any time restrictions (e.g. flight times, evening appointments). If your destination is not listed above, please contact us. Destinations within a 3 hours drive of Bath will be fine.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bath Insider Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.