This private tour is a great way to experience one of the most unique places near Bath. Glastonbury is unlike any other town in England. The small town is steeped in legends relating to King Arthur, Jesus and the Holy Grail and today it is a popular place for yoga, meditation and New Age spiritualism. During this tour you will visit its key attractions and hear about its fascinating stories.
• Explore sites related to the legends of King Arthur
• Visit the picturesque gardens and ruins of Glastonbury Abbey
• Enjoy panoramic views from one of the region’s most famous landmarks: Glastonbury Tor
• Throughout the day enjoy the benefits of a local private guide and private transportation
• All admissions included
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glastonbury, Glastonbury, Somerset, England
After being collected from Bath you will be driven by private vehicle to Glastonbury, approx. 1 hour from Bath.
Walking through the centre of Glastonbury you will be shown interesting features such as the famous Glastonbury Thorn. Every Christmas a flowering sprig is taken from it and sent to the Queen.
After a private guided tour of Glastonbury Abbey you will have the option of climbing up to the Glastonbury Tor or exploring some of the town's unique and unusual shops. You will return to Bath around 6.30pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Glastonbury Abbey, Abbey Gatehouse Magdalene Street, Glastonbury BA6 9EL England
Glastonbury Abbey was one of the wealthiest abbeys in the country. Exploring its picturesque gardens and ruins your private guide will tell you about its fascinating history and its links to King Arthur and Jesus.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glastonbury Tor, Off Wellhouse Lane, Glastonbury England
After exploring the Abbey you can choose to either climb up a hill to the Glastonbury Tor or browse some of the town's unique and unusual shops. The Tor is one of the most famous landmarks in the region and like the Abbey has a number of fascinating legends behind it. The climb takes approx. 20 minutes and gives fantastic panoramic views of the area.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks are required inside the vehicle when we are driving (disposable masks will be provided if needed). Bath Insider Tours has been awarded the "We're Good to Go" certification by the National Tourism Board of England to recognise it is following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines.
- Private tour with a local guide
- Transport by private vehicle with air-conditioning
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- All admission fees into the attractions
- Entry/Admission - Glastonbury Abbey
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bath Insider Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.