Exploring the prehistoric sites around Bath is difficult in a day without resorting to a hire car. This private tour delivers: covering the three most important sites in a single day with a knowledgeable private guide. Admire England’s rolling countryside as you leave Bath for the world’s largest neolithic stone circle at Avebury, and stroll among its ancient stones. Then continue to see the West Kennet Long Barrow tomb before visiting Stonehenge and making your return.
• Private Stonehenge, Avebury, and West Kennet Long Barrow tour from Bath
• Visit the ancient sites by private car and with a guide for extra insight
• Walk among Avebury’s stones and explore the Long Barrow tomb and Stonehenge
• Includes entry fees, stop for lunch (own cost) and door-to-door transport
This tour picks-up and drops-off at locations In Bath – ideal for visitors staying in Bath or visiting Bath for the day.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Avebury Stone Circle, Herepath Marlborough, Avebury SN8 1RF England
You will be collected from your preferred pick-up point in Bath and will be driven to the small village of Avebury in a private car. Avebury is home to the world's largest stone circle which dates back to approx. 2600BC. With your guide you will explore the remains of this ancient stone circle and your guide will explain about its history and the latest discoveries. At Avebury you are free to wander among the stones and touch them. Some people can sense great energy from the stones and today it is a popular place for New Age spiritualists.
After visiting the long barrow we will continue to a historic English pub for lunch.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: West Kennet Long Barrow, Avebury SN8 1QH England
After exploring Avebury we will continue to the West Kennet Long Barrow which is one of the oldest pre-historic monuments in the country, built over 5,600 years ago! It is a communal tomb which once housed the remains of a number of individuals. Today it is one of the best examples of a pre-historic chambered tomb and should you wish visitors can go inside.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Silbury Hill, Avebury SN8 1QH England
During the tour we will pass Silbury Hill - a man-made chalk hill. Built thousands of years ago its exact purpose remains a mystery. It is said that Stonehenge could fit on the top of it!
Stop At: Stonehenge, Amesbury SP4 7DE England
After lunch we will continue to Britain's most famous pre-historic monument: Stonehenge. Your guide will take you around the Visitor Centre and the ancient stone circle. Your guide will explain about its history, how archaeologists believe it was constructed and will tell you interesting stories behind the site. There will be plenty of opportunities for photos.
After exploring Stonehenge you will be driven back to Bath.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks are required inside the vehicle when we are driving (disposable masks will be provided if needed). Bath Insider Tours has been awarded the "We're Good to Go" certification by the National Tourism Board of England to recognise it is following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines.
- Private tour with local guide
- Private transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- All admission fees are included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Avebury Stone Circle
- Entry/Admission - Stonehenge
Traveler pickup is offered
If your Bath accommodation is not listed or you prefer to be picked up in a central location in Bath instead of a hotel please send details of the location e.g. the Bath railway station.
8 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bath Insider Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.