Our tour explores a part of London steeped in history but rarely visited by tourists. Evidence of the past is all around. Part of this walk is about the development of trade - but we also focus on a darker side of London life. A London where pirates and crooks abound and where the law showed no mercy to those caught in the act.
There should also be time on this tour to visit one (or more) of the historic pubs such as The Town of Ramsgate and The Prospect of Whitby in Wapping or The Grapes in Limehouse.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Katharine Docks, 5 Union Street St Katherine's & Wapping, London E1W 1LA England
See the docks as they were in the early 19th Century and how they have been transformed in recent years.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Wapping High Street, Wapping High St, London, UK
Once the bustling heart of Wapping. We will have a look at the remaining pubs in the High Street and explore their history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Execution Dock House 80 Wapping High Street Wapping, London E1W 2NE England
For many a pirate, the end of the road. We tell the story of the fight to stamp out piracy and to control crime on both the high seas and the river.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: West India Docks, Lawn House Close, London E14 4AE England
The former West India Docks have been transformed and our now the site of numerous lively and vibrant cafes, restaurants and bars. However, the signs of past commerce and trade are everywhere
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- • Group sizes will be restricted to a maximum of 12. • Physically distance from anyone not in your household. • You’ll be asked to register your contact details with us before the walk. • Please follow any local lockdown restrictions in your area. • Please bring a face covering.
- Professional guide
Tower Millennium Pier, London, UK
3 hours 30 minutes
West India Quay, London E14 4ED, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Battlefield Journey - Day Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.