These are just some of the many skills you will gain during ‘Survive the Highlands'
Build & light a fire from scratch
Make emergency signal fires
Build a lifesaving emergency shelter and put it to the ultimate test!
Learn how to use a knife in a variety of survival situations safely
Learn to tie an array of survival & lifesaving knots
Develop navigation skills and basic map to ground techniques
Use Astro Navigation skills to complete a night exercise
Forage for wild food, grubs, insects
Wilderness first aid & emergency casualty evacuation training
Collect, filter and clean dirty water
Build a raft
Prepare and cook wild food
Experience extreme weather conditions
Cross a range of difficult terrain (rocks, rivers, mountains & gorges)
What You'll Get
This is an extreme environment like no other and perhaps one of the last remaining wilderness areas left in the UK. You will learn all the skills you have seen Bear deliver over the years including his priorities of survival, skinning and gutting, fire lighting and emergency shelter building. However, it’s not all about survival, self-rescue is one of Bear’s key priorities and you will also be taught mountaineering skills and how to climb and descend mountainous terrain before crossing extreme ground using specialist mountaineering rope techniques, rappel, traverse and climb. Training complete, it’s time for the final challenge – You’ll be dropped off in an isolated location and without instructor support, you will be on foot as a team. Along the journey you’ll need to set up a survival camp, forage for food, prepare and cook wild food, cross rivers, climb, scramble, raft, rappel, zip line across 200ft high gorge and if you get back down to the Glenn on time, you’ll be rescued by all terrain eight-wheel drive Argo’s. It’ll take all your energy, courage and determination to make it back to civilisation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Use of any survival equipment needed during your journey
- Breakfast - You will be given rationed portions of food - the rest is up to you!
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bear Grylls Survival Academy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.