These are just some of the many skills you will gain and activities undertaken during your 'Survive the Moors' experience
Build & light a fire from scratch
Build a lifesaving emergency shelter and put it to the ultimate test!
Learn how to use a knife in a variety of survival situations safely
Learn to tie an array of survival & lifesaving knots
Develop navigation skills across the Moors
Use Astro Navigation skills to complete a night exercise
Forage for wild food, grubs and insects
Survive extreme weather conditions
Quarry Day - Abseils, hemp rope climbs, tyrolean traverse
What You'll Get
There’s a reason why the British Special Forces favour Dartmoor as a training ground for their elite recruits – as one of the UK’s most hostile environments, it can test the mettle of even the most intrepid soldier. Our Survive the Moors course is a three-day survival experience training in the same natural arena that will challenge the boundaries of your strength, courage and wit.
“Survive to fight, don’t fight to survive,” as they say in the military.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Use of all activity equipment
- Breakfast - We will provide rationed meals for each day
- Transport to the course, or accommodation either pre or post attending the course
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bear Grylls Survival Academy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.