Described as 'the World's Museum', there simply is no other collection on earth as spectacular as that within the walls of the British Museum. With a dazzling swathe of artifacts from throughout the world and its history, your private expert guide will condense the very best it has to offer.
Marvel at Ancient Egyptian statues and carvings, as you hear about the geniuses who cracked the code of hieroglyphics, using the famous Rosetta Stone. Then, be blown away by the craftsmanship and detail that the Parthenon Marbles boast, as you discover the contentious history of these masterpieces. Alongside your private expert guide, you'll also see mummies, Viking treasures, and even the chess set that inspired a magical version of the game in Harry Potter.
This highlights tour will show you the best of the British Museum in an hour. If you'd prefer a more in-depth experience, with more of the hidden gems and secrets that the collection has to offer, check out our 3-hour version of this tour.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG England
Discover the secrets of the 'World's Museum', as your private guide shows you the highlights of this renowned collection! From Ancient Egypt with mummies and monuments, to Viking treasures and Greek marbles, you simply won't believe the sheer volume of this extraordinary place, so your private expert guide will show you the very best that the spectacular British Museum has to offer - all in an hour.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are a proud holder of the 'Good To Go' industry-standard certification developed by Visit Britain. This certifies that we follow government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place, and processes to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- Private expert guide for the duration of your tour
- Interior private guided highlights tour of the British Museum
- Ability to personalise your tour - let us know if you have a particular area of interest!
Museum Tavern, 49 Great Russell St, London WC1B 3BA, UK
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/15/2020 - 10/17/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bespoke Britain in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.