Don't just visit, experience Whitby with British Routes. A unique tour looking at all aspects of the town's history and architecture.
From the arrival of the Romans to the glory days of the Georgian wealthy, from Captains Cook's exploration of the Pacific, to the birth of the Australian Navy, our guide will show you hidden streets, as they tell you tales of battleship attacks, Maharajahs of India, of Dracula, as you go through the looking glass of historic streets, History hidden in plain sight.
Uncover the truth behind some of Whitby's more famous landmarks, and ensure you really get to know Whitby, its history, and the stories of those who walked there before you.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Whitby, Whitby, Scarborough District, North Yorkshire, England
We shall walk through cobbled streets to find the origins of this ancient town, from Viking invaders, to intrepid explorers, from Bram Stoker to Mary Gaskill. We'll cover both sides of the bay in this epic trek through Whitby's amazing past.
Stop At: Whitby Abbey, Abbey Lane, Whitby YO22 4JT England
From the birth of Christianity to the Viking invaders, we'll explore the outside of the Abbey.
We can take you around the ruins on your tour on request. Entry to the Abbey is £11 Adults £9 Concessions (free to English Heritage members)
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: 199 Steps, Henrietta St, Whitby YO22 4DL England
199 steps to the old church of Whitby and the Abbey ruins.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please check current guidelines before travelling. If your tour includes other groups please respect social distancing rules (2 meters).
- Free pick up within a 1 mile radius.
- Whitby Abbey Adult £11 Concession £9 English Heritage Member Free.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Whitby Abbey
2 to 3 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the British Routes Holidays Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.