Scholars Punting Cambridge offer a shared punting tour of the Cambridge College backs. The duration is 45 minutes and the route is around one kilometre and back. We take the route only accessible by river, which makes it extra exciting.
Your Chauffeur is trained at driving so that he can guide you safely along the river. He will also give you a history tour, telling you interesting facts about the river and its surroundings.
All our punts are traditionally built using hardwood. They come with cushions and blankets for your comfort.
We also sell a range of private tours, as well as the shared tour sold here. Private tours are only available directly from our website.
What You'll Get
Tours depart from our pontoon. Its address is 35, Beaufort Place, Thompson's Lane, Cambridge, CB5 8AG. On slower days you may be expected to walk upstream to the Quayside in order to check in, it is only around 200 meters.
Shared tours depart throughout the day between 10am-5pm. None of the spaces are reserved, so you can simply turn up at any time and wait for the next available space. In order that tours become shared, tours are set every 15-30 minutes. During weekends you should expect queues during busier times.
All Chauffeurs give a commentary to keep you entertained and tell you some history during your tour
You will see all seven of the riverside colleges whilst on the tour.
We only use traditional Cambridge punt boats for our tours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Transportation to/from attractions
Jesus Green (checkin may be at the quayside up the board walk from the landing stage)
10am-5pm Monday to Friday
This is a return trip
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Punting Company limited trading as Scholars Punting Cambridge in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.