A visit to Canterbury is not complete without experiencing Chaucer’s famous tales of medieval misadventures at one of the City’s most loved vintage visitor attractions. Experience the sights, sounds and smells of a bygone era in this fabulous recreation of medieval life; a unique introduction to Canterbury and its famous literary connection.
What You'll Get
Visit: The Canterbury Tales, St. Margarets Street, Canterbury CT1 2TG England
Your adventure begins in the Tabard Inn, where you will meet the first of your costumed guides, preparing you for your pilgrimage from London to Canterbury.
To continue your experience, you are invited to share five of Chaucer’s most famous tales, with the aid of an audio guide (commentary available in six languages together with a special version in English for children). Along the way, Chaucer’s colourful and entertaining stories of love, romance, jealousy and trickery are dramatically brought to life for you to enjoy.
Your journey ends with your second guide at the shrine of St Thomas Becket – be sure to be ready to share your tales from your pilgrimage!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Following your booking, our reservations team will book you on a specific tour slot within the time frame of your selected tickets. A Morning Tour will fall between 10am and 1pm, while an Afternoon Tour will fall between 1pm and 4:30pm.
- Our reservations team will receive your request and put you into an available slot.
- Confirmation of your time slot will be received within a few days of booking
- On the day, please arrive with your ticket 10 minutes before your given tour time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour guides and audio guides
- Entry/Admission - The Canterbury Tales
- Gifts and Souvenirs (available to purchase)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canterbury Tales in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.