Explore the historic and vibrant city of Edinburgh in your own time, with an unlimited 24 hour hop-on hop-off bus tour. From the open-top deck you’ll have a fantastic 360 degree view of the spectacular surroundings, which are a blend of stunning natural beauty, and wonderfully historic architecture. This Scottish sightseeing adventure will take you to all of Edinburgh's key points of interest, including Waverley Bridge, Grassmarket, Johnston Terrace, Old Town, Canongate, Palace of Holyroodhouse, Our Dynamic Earth and much more! There's also an informative audio tour commentary on the double-decker bus, so you can make sense of the fabulous sights you're experiencing. With access to 14 stops around the city, and the ability to hop on and off the bus as much as you please within the given time period, you can truly immerse yourself into the culture of this charming destination.
What You'll Get
Route Duration: 1 hourStops on the Red Route:
- Waverley Bridge - This recognisable structure is the starting point of the hop-on hop-off tour, but note that you can join the bus at any point along the route, and enjoy unlimited journeys for your chosen time period. This bridge is an important connecting component of Edinburgh that links the two sides of the city together.
- Lothian Road
- Grassmarket - Hop-off at Grassmarket for a truly authentic experience of the local culture. With the pretty surroundings, and the hustle and bustle of the lively marketplace, you'll feel like you've been fully immersed into the Scottish way of life.
- Lauriston Place
- Johnston Terrace
- Chambers Street
- John Knox House - For those wanting to sharpen up on their history, check out this hugely significant spot from Scotland's past. It is believed that John Knox lived in the house, a key player in the Scottish Reformation. This double-decker bus tour comprises of a multilingual audio tour commentary, so you'll be sure to soak up lots of impressive information on your way round!
- Palace of Holyrood - Hop-off at the Holyrood stop to explore the stunning Palace of Holyrood. The palace is the residence of the Queen when she's in Scotland, so maybe you'll witness a royal wave from the window!
- Dynamic Earth - Explore this fascinating science museum that explores the mysteries of our planet and the wider universe!
- Regent Road
- Hanover Street
- Market Street
St Giles' Cathedral / Parliament House / Greyfriars Bobby / Scott Monument / Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art One / Royal Mile / Dynamic Earth / Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Two / Calton Hill / Arthur's Seat / Holyrood Park / Church of St John the Evangelist / Edinburgh College of Art / George Heriot's School / Gladstone's Land / Palace of Holyroodhouse / The Museum of Edinburgh / John Knox House Museum / Canongate Kirk / Edinburgh Hop on Hop Off Tours / Edinburgh Farmers' Market / City Sightseeing Edinburgh / Grassmarket / National Museum of Scotland
Operates: 09:00am - 4:00pm, every 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Season: All Year Round
- April - May: 9:00am - 6:00pm, every 12 minutes
- June - August: 9:00am - 7:00pm, every 12 minutes
- September - October: 9:00am - 6:00pm, every 12 minutes
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- November - March: 9:00am - 4:00pm, every 20 minutes
- Tour Duration: 60 minutes
- Be aware that on every weekend until the 5th January, the Waverley Bridge bus stop will be closed, and the bus will depart from the East End of George Street instead (near Hard Rock cafe).
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- 24 hour unlimited hop on hop off bus pass
- On-board multilingual audio commentary in 10 languages + free headphones
- Discounts at local attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
You may disembark at any of the available stops.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City Sightseeing Ltd - UK and Ireland in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.