This tour combines three of the most famous British Highlights: the town of Windsor, site of one of the official residences of the British Royal Family, the city of Bath, the home of Jane Austen and the archeological marvel of Stonehenge.
Spend a delightful day away from the hustle and bustle of London exploring the quaint town of Windsor, discovering the Georgian city of Bath, and the spectacular prehistoric site of Stonehenge, all in this relaxing trip from London. This tour is designed for those travelers who desire just the right amount of time in each locale.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gloucester Road, Gloucester Rd, South Kensington, London, UK
Meet your group at a central London location and settle comfortably into your seat as the scenic English countryside drifts by, accompanied by your guide’s entertaining introduction to Windsor and its proud royal history.
Stop At: Windsor, Windsor, Windsor and Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
On arrival at Windsor, feeling relaxed and refreshed, you will be eager to explore this authentically English town with your enthusiastic guide. Meander through the cobbled lanes bordered by black and white Tudor edifices and peek through traditional blown-glass windows as your guide offers fascinating insight into life alongside the British Royal Family. If you don’t chose to purchase tickets to Windsor Castle to visit it on your own, you’ll first have some free time for picture op, before your guide takes you on a walking tour of the town not only associated with the British Royal Family but which was also used by Shakespeare for the setting for his play The Merry Wives of Windsor.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bath, Bath, Somerset, England
Your next stop is the splendid city of Bath. Founded by the Romans on the site of a thermal spring, it became a fashionable spa town in ancient times and still is today. Developed mainly in the 18th century, it is an elegant city with beautiful Georgian buildings dotting the landscape. For six years it was home to Jane Austen and two of her famous novels are set there – Persuasion and Northanger Abbey. After a short panoramic coach ride, your guide will lead you on a walking tour, pointing out the major highlights and most beautiful parts of the city. Then enjoy free time to have lunch and explore the town on your own.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Stonehenge, Amesbury SP4 7DE England
Continue your journey through the English countryside to your final stop of the day – Stonehenge, one of the wonders of the world. This amazing and still somewhat incomprehensible site is believed to have been built anywhere between 3000 and 2000 B.C. The prehistoric stone circle and its surroundings is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site and has recently been restored back to its original unaltered landscape. Your guide will explain the research and theories behind this amazing site to help you understand one of England’s greatest archaeological mysteries. Visiting Stonehenge is truly an experience not to be forgotten, not to be rushed, and a spectacular way to finish your day in the English countryside, returning to London with enough time to enjoy an evening in the bustling capital.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Unable to accommodate strollers and baby carriages
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Government-imposed COVID restrictions for entering countries and venues (e.g. booster shot, negative COVID test, vaccine certificate with a QR code) may change with little notice. It is the responsibility of all visitors to ensure they check the official travel advice on the government websites.
- Entrance fees to Stonehenge
- Guided visit of Windsor Town, Bath and Stonehenge
- All transfers in an air-conditioned coach
- English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Stonehenge
- Entrance fees to Windsor Castle
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Gloucester Road, South Kensington, London SW7 4SF, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City Wonders UK in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.