Join a local guide to discover London's chic Islington area on this fully personalized, private, 4-hour walking tour. Regularly featured in London's top newspapers and magazines, Islington is home to dozens of charming coffee shops, vintage stores, antique shops, gastropubs, and bookstores – as well as a pretty stretch of the Grand Union Canal. This is a custom tour, so you can tailor the itinerary to suit your personal interests.
About This Deal
You'll meet your guide at 1pm in a cool cafe to discuss your itinerary for the afternoon: just let them know your needs and interests, and they'll customize the tour to suit you. Alternatively, you can follow the sample itinerary below.
Once you're done in the cafe, stroll down a quiet, cobbled alleyway, where you'll find many coffee shops, leading down to a picturesque canal lined with brightly colored barges. Stroll along the canal for a while, stopping in a classic Islington pub around 2:30pm. Take your pick from cask ales, craft beers, and fine wines (own expense), and enjoy them at your leisure.
Next, you'll duck into Islington's pretty residential streets, some of them complete with 18th-century Georgian houses. Discover cute courtyards, handmade furniture shops, and indie boutiques. At 4pm, you'll break for a late lunch: your guide will recommend some of Islington's best eateries, and you can take your pick (own expense).
After lunch, visit London's only gallery dedicated to modern Italian art, from futurist to figurative styles. Your tour will finish around 5pm, when your guide offers tips about how to spend the evening: will you end up at one of Islington's legendary rock “n” roll venues, a gastro-pub, a cocktail bar, or a comedy club?
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tours are fully personalized so any additional requirements like tickets, transportation and food and drinks can be arranged for an additional cost
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- Local guide
- 4-hour personalized private walking tour
- Tips and suggestions about the area and the rest of London
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the area. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City Unscripted in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.