What You'll Get
What you'll do
Discover a pocket of London where tradition meets innovation and bankers of the City rub shoulders with hipsters in trendy Shoreditch, as you sip your way around the best pubs, craft beer bars and independent breweries in east London. With a like-minded beer loving local by your side, discover London’s brewing history and legacy on a totally personalised experience, taken at your pace.
As you zigzag through the streets discover unique spots where brewing history took place, visiting landmarks like the Old Truman Brewery and enjoying one of their signature brews in a nearby pub. Learn where and how IPA was first invented and visit a traditional British pub where you’ll try classic beers like a ruby ale, a smoky stout or a fruity India Pale Ale. Visit a trendy new microbrewery and learn exactly how their beers are made. Sampling the best of what’s on offer, you’ll see why London’s craft beer scene is exploding and the city is embracing local beers from small batch breweries.
Feeling hungry? Stop by a welcoming bar where you can enjoy a sharing platter of the best artisan cured meats and speciality cheeses alongside a unique glass of beer - a match made in heaven! The final stop on your journey will be a hip craft beer bar. Here, with the help of your local and the friendly bar staff, you’ll be able to sample a couple of the beers, ales and lagers on tap before you settle on your final pint!
Enjoy the atmosphere at each venue, soaking up the history at traditional pubs where you’ll taste London’s favourite ales as well as seeing the new and innovative at hipster craft beer bars and unique microbreweries who are leading the way in London’s craft beer revival.
To partake in this experience guests must be 18 years or older
What to Expect
• Join a beer loving local to explore the City and Shoreditch, sampling 6 completely unique and very British beers along the way
• You’ll stop at an eclectic variety of venues, from traditional British pubs to a trendy craft beer bar, the Old Truman Brewery and a small, independent microbrewery
• Learn about London’s brewing history and why the city is so famous for its beers
• Get involved in the capital’s craft beer revival as you sip the city’s best new brews
• Enjoy a sharing platter of cured meats and regional artisan cheese to accompany your beer at one stop
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- 100% Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- 6 beer tastings and a hearty meat and cheese platter (vegetarian and vegan options available)
- Authentic local insider knowledge and insights
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Additional food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs (additional to the ones included in the experience)
Your meeting point is flexible and to be agreed with your Local Host.
Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Departure time is flexible, experiences can begin anytime after 12pm. Please indicate your desired start time at the time of booking.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the CityUnscripted in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.