This is a perfect half-day tour for those wanting to experience the delights of the Cotswolds but who cannot spare a whole day. You will see idyllic stone hamlets, hidden valleys and rivers and be entertained with stories about the history and culture of the region and local traditions. An unforgettable introduction to one of Britain's finest regions delivered by local experts in a small group tour.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Minster Lovell, Minster Lovell, Witney, Oxfordshire, England
Our tour starts with a visit to the pretty village of Minster Lovell with its quaint thatched cottages and ruined manor house. See the site of the old mill by the river and the charming 17th century pub.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Arlington Row, Awkward Hill, Bibury GL7 5NJ England
From Minster Lovell we head to Bibury, one of the most beautiful and idyllic villages of the Cotswolds, with its 17th century cottages, river and trout farm. Time to walk around the village and see the iconic Arlington Row Cottages.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Church of St Peter & St Paul, The Church of St. Peter & St. Paul Market Place, Northleach GL54 3HL England
Following the Coln Valley, we pass through pretty stone hamlets, hidden valleys and remarkable scenery, before arriving in the historic wool town of Northleach with its imposing Perpendicular church tower. Time to visit the church and market place.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Burford Library 86A High Street, Burford OX18 4QF England
We then cross over to the delightful Sherborne Valley tracing the course of the River Windrush through more enchanting hamlets and big country estates. Our return journey to Oxford takes us through the bustling town of Burford, where you can stop and browse around the quirky shops and cafes and the splendid St John the Baptist Church.
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: St Mary's Church, Swinbrook, Burford England
We return to Oxford via the charming villages of Asthall and Swinbrook.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for children under 8 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Bottled water
- Pick up on request from hotels in North Oxford
- Pick up from Oxford Station on request
Taylor Institution Library, St Giles', Oxford OX1 3NA, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cotswold Exploring in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.