From Mary Queen of Scots, Braveheart and the Outlaw King to Game of Thrones and Outlander and even Monty Python's The Holly Grail, Scotland has been a popular filming location for many Films and TV programmes. On this tour we will explore the filming locations where the real story behind the scenes is as exciting and captivating as the stories told by Hollywood. You will have a chance to walk in the footsteps of the Outlander cast but you can also explore and discover the true stories that will unlock an equally remarkable history. All this from the luxury of your own private guided tour with a minibus full equipped to meet all your needs for a fantastic and memorable day.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
Visit the birth place of Mary Queen Of Scots as well as a filming location for Outlander. This is an important historic location and you will have the chance to explore and appreciate the significance of the area
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH, UK
Used as a filming location for Outlander but with it's own history this is an interesting castle tour.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Battle of Bannockburn Experience, The Battle of Bannockburn Centre Glasgow Road Whins of Milton, Stirling FK7 0LJ Scotland
Visit the location of the battle of Bannockburn and participate in the battle simulation.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Wallace Monument, Hillfoots Road Abbey Craig, Stirling FK9 5LF Scotland
Passing visit to allow for photographs
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Another filming location for Outlander but also for Monty Python's Holy Grail and Game of Thrones. Visit the site
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Royal Burgh of Culross, A985, 4 Miles East of the Kincardine Bridge, Culross KY12 8JH Scotland
Our final Filming location for Outlander. Village visit and tour including walk up to the Abbey.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Snacks - There will be provision of a sweet Scottish themed snack treat.
- Soda/Pop - Free cans of Scotland's other national drink Irn Bru will be provided during the snack break.
- Each passenger will be provided with a route map and schedule for the days activities.
- Each passenger will be provided an audio receiver for clear guide communication
- Optional entrance fees into castles etc
- Lunch - Although snacks will be provided lunch in not included unless guest select a hamper option from our catering partners.
- Entry/Admission - Linlithgow Palace
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
- Entry/Admission - The Battle of Bannockburn Experience
- Entry/Admission - National Wallace Monument
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- Entry/Admission - Royal Burgh of Culross
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the David Cornwallis in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.