I am a regular walker and traveller and live in the Peak District. I love this area for its beauty and nature.
This particular walk is special as we start along the Peak Trail on an old train line used for carrying the quarry stones, then move on to Woodland, beautiful open countryside and through traditional villages.
It is the variety of underfoot terrain, views and breathtaking nature that I love so much about this walk.
I am not a licensed guide but I have business insurance for your peace of mind and regular lead walks and both UK and European Tours
About This Deal
A delightful 11 mile walk through an area filled with both history of the Richard Arkwright Mills and nature. Summer flowers in bloom all the way.
The walks crosses a variety of terrain including woodlands, forests, cobbled narrow pathways and high pathways. We enjoy awesome views of Cromford and Riber Castle as we ascend, then enjoy our picnic lunch (not provided) in the well known town of Matlock. Here we enjoy a recharge in the park area, before we ascend via the Limestone Way on to Bonsall.
The walk requires medium fitness as there is quite a lot of ascent but we enjoy a nice steady pace with time for photographs and breaks.
With rippling brooks, peaceful streams, wild flowers and nature, this walk takes you away from the noise of city life and offers a calming refreshments.
The walk can be adapted to suit longer or shorter distance walkers.
• Matlock, Matlock, Derbyshire, England
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- At the onset of the walk COVID guidelines will be offered and guests expected to comply. Please bring hand sanitiser to use regularly and for breaks. On walks currently no food is shared between guests. For your safety please stay by the Guide during the walk
- In-person guide
National Stone Centre, Porter Ln, Matlock DE4 4LS, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Diane Carter in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.