Enrich your vacation culturally and attend a one-day mosaic workshop in a natural and relaxed environment and in just 4 hours learn the basics of this ancient art form of mosaics. The workshop setting is in a traditional outside courtyard filled with orange, lemon trees and flowers safe from the sun and rain. Come and have fun, make new friends and in just 4 hours make your own Greek mosaic souvenir to take back home. Workshop is located only 15 minutes south of the City of Sparta and very easily accessable. The workshops start at 10:00 AM and end approximately 2:00 PM. Only 5 minutes by foot from the workshop is the main square (platia) filled with cafe’s and tavernas for lunch. For nature lovers and another 5 minutes from the main square is the picturesque Anakolo Gorge, Rasina River and Hellenistic Bridge dating back 2000 years. For more information please follow www.xirokambi.com
What You'll Get
At 10:00 am a demonstration on how to make a substrate will be shown.
• Each participant will choose a base with a Greek Roman pattern or one can use their own design.
• A choice of colours are available from the variety of natural stones available.
• Each participant will mix the adhesive with dry pigments to acquire the correct shade of the colour.
• The mosaic making will commence using nippers, tweezers, piping bags and if time permits a hammer and Hardie used by the Romans for 2000 years.
• At 12 noon we break at which point refreshments and a traditional snack will be served.
• Continue working on mosaic with my guidance on techniques along the way.
• Upon completion, each mosaic will be wrapped in bubble wrap to ensure safe travelling.
• A writeup of all demonstrated in the workshop and the history of mosaics will be sent to each participant by email.
• All tools, materials and snacks are included in the price.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Mosaic Art Greece, Xirokambi Sparta 15 minutes south of Sparta, Xirokampi, Sparta Municipality 23054 Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Local taxes
- Free parking
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Mosaic Art Greece, Xirokambi, Sparta 230 54, Greece
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Dimitra Colomvakou in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.