Learn a new skill and the history behind it in our up-coming Heritage Needlecraft Workshops:7 August 2019 - Medieval Hand Appliqué11 September 2019 - Arts & Crafts Tapestry23 October 2019 - Chunky Knits & York’s Medieval Wool Trade13 November 2019 - Victorian Cross-Stitch Samplers27 November 2019 - Durham Hand-Quilting4 December 2019 - Viking Gold - Motifs and ThreadworkSee website for details.
What You'll Get
'Travel through time and learn a new skill along the way'
Our hands-on Heritage Needlecraft Workshops teach transferable skills and the histories behind them in a full day (6 hr) programme. Topics range from Viking gold motifs and medieval appliqué to '60s patches and timeless beadwork, with Victorian cross stitch, Arts & Crafts tapestry, Regency embroidery, Old English patchwork, Durham quilting and '70s macramé in-between. The histories have a uniquely British flavour, with many rooted in Yorkshire and the North East. The skills are timeless: knitting, tapestry-work, quilting, cross stitch, appliqué, macramé, embroidery and beading.
Our Heritage Needlecraft Workshops are 6 hours long.
• Duttons for Buttons, 32 Coppergate, York YO1 9NR England
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The workshops are located on the 2nd floor, up two flights of stairs. Unfortunately there is no lift access in our medieval building.
- Unfortunately we do not have any facilities for infants.
- Not recommended for travellers who have difficulty climbing stairs
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Materials and refreshments.
- Lunch - Although lunch is not provided there are cafes to suit all budgets and green spaces nearby for packed lunches, when the weather is fine.
32 Coppergate, York YO1 9NR, UK
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Duttons for Buttons in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.