"If you’re visiting London or want to explore more of this vast city you call home, why not let us take you back in time to London’s historic old docks?
Here was once home to a bustling trading port, full of thieves, dockers, sailors – even pirates! Now it’s a lot quieter – a residential area, lined with cobblestone lanes and old warehouse buildings with breathtaking riverside views of the city.
The dockers and pirates may be long gone, but the places they ate and drank in, and their stories are still very much alive. All served up with London’s best craft brews, ciders, and its finest pub grub, including more than a few dishes which are sure to wow! Dine on some fish and chips, traditional ‘bangers and mash’ and more – all paired with the perfect brew. Come along for an unforgettable trip back in time."
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rotherhithe Street, Rotherhithe St, Rotherhithe, London, UK
Enjoy an English 'bangers and mash' with a traditional in-house ale only found on this side of the Atlantic.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wapping Wall, St Katharine's & Wapping, London E1W, UK
Walking along Wapping Wall a conservation area, which means it is
heritage listed and is said to have one of London’s finest stretches of 19th century riverside wharfs left on the Thames. Dive into some classic pub grub - English fish and chips with mushy peas - whilst you learn about its history and origins.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Watts Street, Watts St, St Katharine's & Wapping, London E1W, UK
Discover the neighbourhood once home to London’s thriving docks while digging into a traditional beef pie paired with London's most ew
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Saint Katharine's Way, St Katharine's Way, St Katharine's & Wapping, London, UK
Taste the beer that was once said to save British sailors from a grizzly end. Not a beer drinker? No worries! We will happily swap your beers for another British classic: cider.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Email to advise of any dietary requirements such as vegetarian and gluten-free diets
- You must be 18+ to drink alcoholic beverages on the tour
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- 7 samples at 4 different tasting locations
- Beer and cider
- Local english speaking guide
- London food lover’s guide
- Gratuities / Tips for guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Extra drinks
123 Rotherhithe St, Rotherhithe, London SE16 4NF, UK
St Katherine Docks (Stop TN), St Katharine's & Wapping, London E1W 1AH, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the London Food Tours by Eating Europe in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.