You have an excellent opportunity to do some sightseeing on your way to Dover cruise port from London. You can visit Dover Castle in a private sedan, minivan or van and discover the history at Dover Castle in Dover, travel to the history-steeped castle at a time that suits you. Roam the recreated halls built by Henry II in the 12th century; learn about Henry’s court via holograms and guides; and explore the castle tunnels and former hospital areas used in World War I and II.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: London, London, England
Will be picked up directly from your London accommodation
Stop At: Dover Castle, Castle Hill Road, Dover CT16 1HU England
Step into the vibrant world of Henry ii's medieval royal palace and follow lifelike hologram figures round the private chambers, guestrooms, and great hall, along with the kitchens and armouries. From the top of Henry ll's Great Tower, to the depths of the evocative tunnels (used during the medieval, Napoleonic and world war conflicts), there is no shortage of things to see and do. The opportunity to see a rare anti-aircraft gun in action ensures your visit will go with a bang!
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Dover, Dover, Kent, England
Once you complete your Sightseeing at Dover Castle You will be dropped off directly to Dover Cruise terminal.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and one carry-on bags. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. foldable wheelchairs, Walker) may have certain restrictions. Please inquire with the operator before travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable.
- The prices are based on 1 to 2 adults traveling with 2 big suitcases, 2 small suitcases in a Sedan, 2 to 4 adults traveling with 4 big suitcases, 4 small suitcases in a Minivan, 5 to 7 adults traveling with 7 big suitcases, 7 small suitcases in a 7 seater Van and 8 adults traveling with 8 big suitcases, 8 small suitcases in a 8 seater Van.
- This service is only available for drop-off to the following postcodes/Area in London Soho, West End, Mayfair, W1 - Bayswater, Paddington W2 - Notting Hill W8 - Holland Park W11 - Shepherd's Bush W14 - Belgravia, St James’s, Victoria, Westminster, Whitehall, Pimlico SW1 - Knightsbridge SW3 - Earls Court SW5 - Hammersmith SW6 - Kensington SW7 - Bloomsbury WC1 - Covent Garden, Holborn WC2 - Euston, Kings Cross/St Pancras Rail Station, Regents Park NW1 - Westminster Bridge, Waterloo, SE1.
- Dover castle tickets, Can be purchased on the day on your arrival or we will provide you with information on how to purchase the tickets online in advance on the booking voucher
- Dover castle opens Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- One-way private transfer
- Hotel pickup
- Port drop-off
- Hotel drop-off in Dover
- 2 hours waiting time at Dover Castle
- Admission tickets
- Entry/Admission - Dover Castle
4 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the EC Minibus in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
14-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operator's terms and conditions for this offer here.