Although Outlander is exciting and thrilling, experiencing the real life sites is even more impressive.
Turn back the clock by wandering the ancient streets of these villages and experience what life might have been like 400 years ago.
On this tour, you will be guided through a fantastic array of Outlander sights while also learning about the history that inspired the famous show.
• Full-day small group tour from Edinburgh
• Mercedes V Class
• Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your driver/guide on this small group tour (no one apart from you and your family members, friends will attend this tour)
• Kids friendly (0+ age)
• You have more free time for sightseeing compared to similar bus tours
• Small group tour with a maximum of 6 passengers
• Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your driver/guide on this small group tour
• Tour can be customised
• Please note that tours stops and timings are flexible and for reference purposes only
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH Scotland
This 15th century fortress provided the setting for the Fort William headquarters of Black Jack Randall, as well as featuring in the heart-wrenching scene of Jamie’s incarceration.This castle has an interesting construct and is known as the ‘ship that never sailed’ as it resembles a giant stone boat.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
The entrance and corridors of this magnificent ruined palace were used as Wentworth Prison where Jamie was imprisoned. Once a favoured royal residence of the Stewart kings and queens and the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots, this wonderful 15th century site, with its elegant courtyard, still oozes charm and glamour. Tour it for a great insight into what life in such a vast palace must have been like.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Doune Castle known as Castle Leoch in Outlander, home to Colum MacKenzie and his clan in the 18th century. It also featured in the 20th century episode when Claire and Frank visited the castle in ruins on a day trip. This impressive building gives you an insight into the living conditions of a Scottish Earl in the 14th century. This this castle being used as a filming location for Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Duration: 2 hours 20 minutes
Stop At: Deanston Distillery & Visitor Centre, Deanston Distillery Near Doune, Stirling FK16 6AG Scotland
Deanston Distillery provided the setting for Jamie’s cousin’s wine warehouse on the docks of Le Havre.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Culross Palace, West Green, Culross KY12 8JH Scotland
This 16th Century village remains practically unchanged that comes with a beautiful view of the sea. It also acts a fictional town of Cranesmuir where Geillis lived. The impressive Culross Palace was where Claire’s herb garden at Castle Leoch was located in season one. The ruined church, which was the Black Kirk in season one, is a short walk away from the village centre. The Jacobite encampment and makeshift hospital scenes were shot here in season two and also as the location of Balriggan Cottage where Laoghaire and her daughter Joan lived in season four. It also starred in the movies Captain America, First Avenger and The 39 Steps
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: South Queensferry, Edinburgh Scotland
Forth Bridges Viewpoint
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Driver as a guide
- Admission fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
- Entry/Admission - Linlithgow Palace
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- Entry/Admission - Deanston Distillery & Visitor Centre
1 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4DR, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour starts at 9:00 am (pick up starts at 08:50am)
Can pick up from any hotel in Edinburgh
9 to 10 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ed Private Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.