Explore the wonders of magnificent Scottish architecture, get lost in the rich history of Dumbarton Castle, and wander the great halls of Stirling Castle.
Travel back in time on this tour and experience what royalty once did whilst also enjoying the natural beauty which surrounds the castles.
• Full-day small group tour from Edinburgh
• Mercedes V Class
• Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your driver/guide on this small group tour (no one apart from you and your family members, friends will attend this tour)
• Kids friendly (0+ age)
• You have more free time for sightseeing compared to similar bus tours
• Small group tour with a maximum of 4 passengers
• Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your driver/guide on this small group tour
• Tour can be customised
• Please note that tours stops and timings are flexible and for reference purposes only
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: South Queensferry, Edinburgh Scotland
Will make 2 stops.
First stop in Queensferry under the bridges (5 min) and another at the Forth Bridges Viewpoint (5 min)
You will see Forth Bridge (UNESCO), Forth Road Bridge, Queensferry Crossing. Last two bridges were opened by Queen Elizabeth II.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
• Stirling is one of Scotland’s greatest stone castles – an icon integral to how we understand the nation’s story. The castle peaked in importance in the 1500s, but its volcanic crag has been fortified since ancient times.
• Generations of Scottish monarchs have enlarged, adapted and embellished Stirling Castle. Explore its three main enclosures, and then admire the refurbished Royal Palace – childhood home of Mary Queen of Scots. The palace’s lavish design drew on European Renaissance fashions to show off James V’s power and good taste.
• Historic Scotland has recreated the palace interiors as they may have looked when the Scottish king’s grand scheme was complete. Costumed characters mingle with visitors, bringing the royal Stewart Court to life.
• Stand in the Great Hall, the largest medieval banqueting hall ever built in Scotland
• Admire the original ornate façades and the recently recreated sumptuous interiors of the Royal Palace
• Step into the Chapel Royal, elaborately redecorated for the coronation visit of Charles I in 1633
• Visit the Stirling Heads Gallery to see the original oak carvings, then marvel at their painstakingly detailed replicas
• View the tapestries in the Queen’s Lodgings, replicas of a medieval set held in New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art
• Enjoy majestic views of the King’s Knot and Royal Park, which were once royal properties associated with the castle
• Imagine the great battles that took place around the castle as you look towards the southern Highlands and the Ochil Hills
(admission not included in the tour price)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Loch Lomond Shores Ben Lomond Way, Balloch, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 8QL Scotland
Loch Lomond, is the largest lake in Great Britain by surface area. A large part of Loch Lomond's beauty is due to its islands, those beautiful green tangled islands, that lie like jewels upon its surface. We stop at The pretty conservation village of Luss.
This is the perfect place for a walk along the Loch Lomond shores and enjoy fantastic views of the mountains.
Loch Lomond area was once the home for Rob Roy MacGregor. Scotland’s famous folk hero, literally a legend in his own lifetime.
Duration: 2 hours 40 minutes
Stop At: Dumbarton Castle, Castle Road, Dumbarton, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G82 1JJ Scotland
• Climb the White Tower Crag for stunning views – sometimes as far as the peak of Ben Lomond
• Take in the artillery fortifications to see fine examples of early 18th-century military architecture
• Enter the Governor’s House, a fine Georgian residence and home to some interesting artefacts found at the castle
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Driver as a guide
- Admission fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
- Entry/Admission - Dumbarton Castle
17 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4DJ, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour starts at 8:30 am (pickup at 08:15 am)
Can pick up from any hotel in Edinburgh
9 to 10 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ed Private Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.