Blackness castle, Stirling castle, and Linlithgow Palace all played an important role in Scottish history and on this tour you will learn why that is so.
Not only are they important historical castles but their architecture is just as fascinating.
Join this tour and get lost in the rich history of these castles and learn more about the evolution of their architecture.
• Full-day small group tour from Edinburgh
• Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your driver/guide on this small group tour (no one apart from you and your family members, friends will attend this tour)
• Kids friendly (0+ age)
• You have more free time for sightseeing compared to similar bus tours
• Small group tour with a maximum of 6 passengers
• Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your driver/guide on this small group tour
• Tour can be customised
• Please note that tours stops and timings are flexible and for reference purposes only
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH Scotland
• Blackness Castle stood in for Fort William in series one of TV show Outlander.
• Take in the castle’s stunning location on the southern shore of the Firth of Forth
• Learn about the Crichtons – for whom Blackness was built – one of Scotland’s most powerful families
• Stand in awe of the formidable fortress – this was not only a noble residence but also a stronghold built for war
• Climb the towers and curtain wall for sweeping views of the Firth of Forth and its rail and road bridges
(admission not included in tour price)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
• Step inside the ruins of Mary Queen of Scots’ birthplace
• Gain unique insights into the domestic life of Scottish royalty
• See the ornate fountain in action every Sunday in July and August
• Admire elegant architecture such as the oriel windows of the king’s and queen’s bedchambers
• Enjoy open views from Queen Margaret’s Bower over the peel and loch to the Forth bridges
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
• Stirling is one of Scotland’s greatest stone castles – an icon integral to how we understand the nation’s story. The castle peaked in importance in the 1500s, but its volcanic crag has been fortified since ancient times.
• Generations of Scottish monarchs have enlarged, adapted and embellished Stirling Castle. Explore its three main enclosures, and then admire the refurbished Royal Palace – childhood home of Mary Queen of Scots. The palace’s lavish design drew on European Renaissance fashions to show off James V’s power and good taste.
• Historic Scotland has recreated the palace interiors as they may have looked when the Scottish king’s grand scheme was complete. Costumed characters mingle with visitors, bringing the royal Stewart Court to life.
• Stand in the Great Hall, the largest medieval banqueting hall ever built in Scotland
• Admire the original ornate façades and the recently recreated sumptuous interiors of the Royal Palace
• Step into the Chapel Royal, elaborately redecorated for the coronation visit of Charles I in 1633
• Visit the Stirling Heads Gallery to see the original oak carvings, then marvel at their painstakingly detailed replicas
• View the tapestries in the Queen’s Lodgings, replicas of a medieval set held in New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art
• Enjoy majestic views of the King’s Knot and Royal Park, which were once royal properties associated with the castle
• Imagine the great battles that took place around the castle as you look towards the southern Highlands and the Ochil Hills
(admission not included in the tour price)
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: South Queensferry, Edinburgh Scotland
Will make 2 stops.
First stop in Queensferry under the bridges (10 min) and another at the Forth Bridges Viewpoint (10 min)
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Driver as a guide
- Bottled water
- Admission fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
- Entry/Admission - Linlithgow Palace
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
1 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4DR, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour starts at 9:00 am
Can pick up from any hotel in Edinburgh
8 to 9 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ed Private Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.