I was born and brought up in Edinburgh and am passionate about locally produced food - I made a 16-series TV programme about eating and cycling in Scotland, called The Woman Who Ate Scotland. I want the tour to be like a food-loving friend is taking you to their favourite places - like the best place to get scones warm from the oven, served with vanilla bean cream and home made jam. Guests get to meet the makers - the fishmonger who smokes the salmon, the marshmallow lady who makes the marshmallows, the butcher who makes the haggis. I also give guests a guided tour of the fascinating history of the 18th century UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE of The New Town.I have been running my unique food tours for four years and am used by tour companies such as Abercrombie and Kent and also VisitScotland. I like to tailor tours to suit your group from hen nights with safari hats to the lightest scones in Edinburgh This means I can be Covid aware as there will only be your household on the tour.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Town, Edinburgh Scotland
Guests will try traditional authentic Scottish food just off the beaten track - they will eat what the locals eat: smoked salmon, cheese, scones, whisky, haggis, marshmallows and local ale
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- If guests under 18, let Nell know so she can avoid public houses which restrict under 18s
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Tours are now private so only your household will be on the safari. Guide carries sanitizer and all venues we go operate track and trace and offer hand washing facilities and socially distant table
- Experienced guide
1: O'Connor's, 2-4 Broughton Rd, Edinburgh EH7 4EB, UK
2: The Raeburn, 112 Raeburn Pl, Stockbridge, Edinburgh EH4 1HG, UK
8/14/2020 - 5/22/2022
|Monday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Thursday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Friday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Saturday:||10:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Sunday:||11:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
Casa Angelina, 42 London St, Edinburgh EH3 6LX, UK
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Edinburgh Food Safari in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.